Space Mountain

iellis14

Original Poster
How has Space Mountain been doing? Rumors was that it was breaking down for a long periods of time, and sometimes never opened back up that day. So I was just wondering. Have any info?

LeeLee D

I was at MK at the beginning of the month and SM broke down mid afternoon. From what others on the board have said, I gather it's been down alot.

landauh

Just because SM has the lights on does not mean that it has broken down.

The other day it was stopped because a guest lost a wallet and we needed to go retrieve it. It was also "down" several times for guests that were taking extra time getting out of the rockets and once because a child ran past the safety gates at unload.

If the building is emptied it has broken down. If the building isn't emptied it is most likely one of the above mentioned causes.

Imagineer Mitch

Just because SM has the lights on does not mean that it has broken down.

The other day it was stopped because a guest lost a wallet and we needed to go retrieve it. It was also "down" several times for guests that were taking extra time getting out of the rockets and once because a child ran past the safety gates at unload.

If the building is emptied it has broken down. If the building isn't emptied it is most likely one of the above mentioned causes.

so do you work at space mountain?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Space is easy to cascade - if load or unload takes too long the cars begin to back up until the system goes 101 for an auto E Stop. It takes cycling and maybe evac, manual resetting on the track, and cycling again to get it going again.

SM refrub dates are April - October 2009
:fork:

culturenthrills

Has been changed again.

So now we are going to get a half-assed rehab? Surprise, surprise. After the HM rehab I had hoped MK management had finally gotten a clue. Apparently not. The condition SM is in is a joke. It is even sadder if you have been to DL and ridden their rehabbed SM and realize how awesome ours could be. Well, hopefully someone will wake up and give it the rehab it really needs.

EpcotGrl

The condition SM is in is a joke. It is even sadder if you have been to DL and ridden their rehabbed SM and realize how awesome ours could be. Well, hopefully someone will wake up and give it the rehab it really needs.

I agree. After riding DL & DL Paris' SM, I was very disappointed upon riding WDW's SM again. They really need some work to this ride to bring it in to the "future" :lol:

deWild

I think Mansion was down for the entire summer and opened in September or October of the year it was rehabbed.

RSoxNo1

SM refrub dates are April - October 2009

Marni? Lee? Can you confirm?

If so, this could be very disappointing. I fully support the idea of no major attractions until late 2011 or early 2012 if it means refurbishing the rides that need refurbishments, but this refurbishment was anticipated as something huge, and now it seems that it's going to be anything but. They Disneyland version of Space Mountain blows Disney World's out of the water. I don't think a 4 month refurb could possibly change that.

Enigma

Account Suspended
So now we are going to get a half-assed rehab? Surprise, surprise. After the HM rehab I had hoped MK management had finally gotten a clue.

The honest truth is there not going to get serious about the parks until theres a major decline in attendance. Thats the sad truth. So stop coming, cut down on spending on disney park merchandise, and tell others to stop coming too and go elsewhere for vacation.

stitch2008

Marni? Lee? Can you confirm?

If so, this could be very disappointing. I fully support the idea of no major attractions until late 2011 or early 2012 if it means refurbishing the rides that need refurbishments, but this refurbishment was anticipated as something huge, and now it seems that it's going to be anything but. They Disneyland version of Space Mountain blows Disney World's out of the water. I don't think a 4 month refurb could possibly change that.

It depends on how much they work in my opinion. I think that they can get alot done during that time. Maybe not big track replacements, but certinally new trains and other effects. And its more like a five or six month rehab.

krankenstein

I think April - October would be 6 to 7 months...not 4. :)

Anyway, keep in mind that DL's Space Mountain closed before they were completely ready for it to. Management had absolutely no choice but to close it when they did b/c the ride was falling apart. Our rehab could've been shortened because WDI will be better prepared for our Space to close than they were for DL's.

Don't get me wrong, with this rehab I tend to stand with the longer the better crew. That said, we all need to calm down and wait to see what happens.

crlachepinochet

I agree. After riding DL & DL Paris' SM, I was very disappointed upon riding WDW's SM again. They really need some work to this ride to bring it in to the "future" :lol:
I was very surprised when I had the opposite reaction. I've taken two DLR trips in the last year, and their SM is probably my favorite coaster. I didn't care for the WDW SM on my last trip in '06, and I was only going to ride it because I had a newbie with me, but I liked it again! Still looking forward to a thorough refurb, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom