Space Mountain vs TRON Lightcycle / Run

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
space-mountain-00.jpg

FITP7527522775267526545211.jpg

Two Ears

For me, I love how rough it is! The “nostalgia” might be part of it, but the roughness makes it feel like such a good coaster in my opinion. Smooth coasters that are fast, like Velocicoaster, are great, but where Space Mountain lacks in speed it makes up for it in sharp turns, drops, and overall roughness.
Fair enough.

LivFreeorDisney

I voted for Tron but both have pros and cons. I like the erky jerky feel of Space while the fast smooth ride that Tron provides is also fun. One is mostly dark (which makes it unpredictable) while the other has great lighting effects which adds to the theme. I enjoy both.

KatiebugFan

I would pick SM because it is seemingly a longer ride and it doesn't require you to be hunch over like Tron, but on the other hand Tron is a lot smoother than SM and I do like the take off on Tron. So, in the end the answer is yes.

Marc Davis Fan

As many others have noted:

Disneyland's Space Mountain > TRON > WDW's Space Mountain

It's amazing what a difference the stunning, perfectly-timed onboard Michael Giacchino soundtrack makes in Disneyland's Space Mountain - especially when you ride it at night, and thus your eyes are adjusted enough to see all of DL's moving star projections. (Apart from nostalgia, I don't think anyone could view WDW's Space Mountain as anywhere close to that experience.)

If WDW's Space Mountain had been re-tracked and had onboard audio added as planned, it would probably be superior to TRON, and its GSRs would be through the roof.

This is why I was hoping Space Mountain would go down for that major refurb once TRON and TBA were both open... but now it looks like we might have to wait until at least after the Cars attraction opens...?

Mireille

Premium Member
I voted Space Mountain for length alone. Tron was so underwhelming IMO.
Yeah, I'm pretty unimpressed with Tron. It's fine but it's not particularly thrilling, just fast, which RnRC does better. And it's so short. The bikes are a neat idea but not particularly comfortable having to crane your neck. I can say it's not as rough as SM, so it's got that going for it... for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom