Space Mountain/Tomorrowland Transit Authority update...

EPCOTPluto

Greetings from Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ! I have some items of interest for you from the PeopleMover...

-The classic blue Space Mountain sign entering the Mountain has been replaced with a new sign with the lime green version of the current logo.
Aw... at least we are getting a new SM. I hope they don't overuse Lime Green there, though...:brick:

-There's a large circular something being erected in the middle of the space between the arcade, Space Mountain queue entrance, and former Skyway building. Looks like it could very easily be a fountain.

I shot these earlier today (Thursday). Thought I'd share, for what it's worth ...

ja1vvt3mxx.jpg
Nice! Interesting how close it is to the FP entrance.

Perhaps it might route the line so plus provide something interesting to entice visitors?

EPCOT Explorer

Awww, RIP Sign. :lol:

A little piece of History gone, but it's ok, if this is part of them re-branding SM.

Interesting about the graphics....I'd like to see them!

I shot these earlier today (Thursday). Thought I'd share, for what it's worth ...

pii1fk0bjm.jpg

ja1vvt3mxx.jpg

cv0s9jcue8.jpg

6ntc2e3e6b.jpg

Ooooooh, kewl. :D That Circular thing is interesting. Can they have wood in a fountain?

And LOVE the new colors on the arcade. Grey, silver and the sandstone work VERY well. Can the rest of TL get that look? :lookaroun

Figment632

From this picture look like it is a planter and not a fountain :brick: Do to the lack of piping and pipe supports around but it is still to early to tell.

devoy1701

Forgive me because I haven't been keeping up with these SM threads because they has been sooo many and they go on forever...

But is the re-open date still sometime in November? Just wondering because all of those signs say "re-launching Winter 2009" and Winter doesn't officially begin until Dec 21st. Are they talking literal winter or figurative winter? :shrug:

montyz81

I know what this is

I know what this is... It is the landing station for the time machine that Wilber Robinson built ultimately serving as a meet n great for Wilber and the rest of the MTR gang supporting a full MTR overlay on SM. Anyone buying this???

ok, I didn't think so, but hey it still makes sense to me!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Forgive me because I haven't been keeping up with these SM threads because they has been sooo many and they go on forever...

But is the re-open date still sometime in November? Just wondering because all of those signs say "re-launching Winter 2009" and Winter doesn't officially begin until Dec 21st. Are they talking literal winter or figurative winter? :shrug:

That's just them covering their butts in case they fall behind schedule. I think they're right on time with it, I forgot to mention that saw a bunch of costumed trainers go into Space with hard hats a couple of days ago. In fact, I think I'll add that to the first post.

TTA-ATW

My Thoughts

ja1vvt3mxx.jpg

While everybody is taking wild guesses, I'll add my ideas.:ROFLOL:

I think its going to be a modern recreation of "The Clock of the World", formally of Disneyland fame. Functional yet creative and beautiful, plus a great starting piece for an eventual & slowly but surely re-themeing of TL that everybody feels is coming. Last time they started with Rocket Tower Plaza and worked their way out to the rest of TL. This time it starts at SM and moves out from there. I have posted a pic of the Clock of the world below for all to enjoy.

Please remember this is all speculation on my part and I have no solid sources telling me this is going to happen or is even on the drawing board but it would be cool.:cool:

55Clock.jpg

2464063724_3f71bab777.jpg

preludevtec01

Very interesting stuff here. I truely hope it's some sort of fountain. It would also be nice if they added some palm trees over there too. :ROFLOL:

EPCOTPluto

^ Interesting guess, TTA-ATW. I would think that it could also, in your perspective, can be a replica of the RCA entrance...

smrca1.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

While everybody is taking wild guesses, I'll add my ideas.:ROFLOL:

I think its going to be a modern recreation of "The Clock of the World", formally of Disneyland fame. Functional yet creative and beautiful, plus a great starting piece for an eventual & slowly but surely re-themeing of TL that everybody feels is coming. Last time they started with Rocket Tower Plaza and worked their way out to the rest of TL. This time it starts at SM and moves out from there. I have posted a pic of the Clock of the world below for all to enjoy.

Please remember this is all speculation on my part and I have no solid sources telling me this is going to happen or is even on the drawing board but it would be cool.:cool:

55Clock.jpg

2464063724_3f71bab777.jpg
I would LOVE that...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom