Space Mountain Stars

trainplane3

It sounds like some maintenance has finally been done.
I was slightly concerned they were going to let the stars effect rot. My past two trips had a black, near starless, no meteors at all, SM. Even towards the bottom (where the "disco ball" effect is at), there was nothing. Actually, the sounds weren't working at all both trips, including the fun "wawawawawa" as you go through the final helix.

msg7

I know the planets and projections of the spaceships have been there since at least 2015 but the effects seem to have gotten more noticeable and more were added.

Calm Down Rover

Oh, wonderful! Small plusses make such a difference on classic attractions *cough* and is better than letting them rot before replacing them, isn't that right Universal and Hollywood Studios? *cough*. I remember talking with my group last visit about how we preferred the old, more kinetic projections, so I'm looking forward to going back!

tissandtully

So I've always hated SM since every time I've rode it it is completely dark. Now I'm just realizing that's not how it was intended? You're supposed to be able to tell where you are goin?

SeaCastle

Does this mean the star effect that you see on the PeopleMover before it leaves Space Mountain is operational again? My memory could be faulty but I remember some sort of star effect in there but don't remember seeing it on recent visits.

mthornto

I was slightly concerned they were going to let the stars effect rot. My past two trips had a black, near starless, no meteors at all, SM. Even towards the bottom (where the "disco ball" effect is at), there was nothing. Actually, the sounds weren't working at all both trips, including the fun "wawawawawa" as you go through the final helix.
Was there last week. The "wawawawawa" sound is still not on.

Myth Maker

Not really; the tracks are interwinded.

I doubt it is possible. In theory they could take one track down and work on the other track, but I would think the structure is so intertwined as well that it is too dangerous to do so.

Expect Tron and SM to be open for the 50th, then I would expect SM to go down for its long rehab.

Captain Barbossa

Love the nebulas! I take it that the famous “chocolate chip cookie asteroid” is gone?

For some reason I’m always finding myself ducking with the feeling that my head is going to hit something on that ride? Is it just me or anyone else do/feel that what they ride it?
I’m the same, maybe that’s why I’m always so sore after...cause I’m ducking the whole time.
I do the same thing. I feel like one of those poles overhead is going to hit me in the head!!

trainplane3

I do the same thing. I feel like one of those poles overhead is going to hit me in the head!!
You gotta have faith they designed it with tolerances around the rider. But then again it is a old coaster, so who knows. I always go hands up. You get bonus points if you can touch the tops of the energizing and re-entry tubes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom