Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

ms7479a

Original Poster
Just got back from Magic Kingdom and got a few pictures of the work going on outside of Space Mountain and on the old Skyway building (taken while riding the TTA).

Space Mountain: It looks as though the structure above the fastpass machines has been painted silver. Also striking is the dark blue and lime green paint that has appeared over the entrance. What color use to be there?

DSC02338.JPG

DSC02340.JPG

Skyway Building: Work on the roof seems to be progressing.

DSC02339.JPG

DSC02341.JPG

DSC02343.JPG

IWant2GoNow

Great pics! Thanks for the update. Things on the outside of SM are looking good so far. I want to say the colors on the entrance strip used to be a lighter blue and and orange or red where the green is. Can't quite remember. :shrug:

Skyway

Didn't Magicmaya first mention the lime green in the "scrap heap" thread months ago?

Either that was an extremely lucky guess, or something else!

As for those colors, they seem very similar to Buzz Lightyear (and the Stitch stage?). It looks like they may be finally trying to go with one color scheme throughout TL.

vonpluto

The framing lumber attached to the steel studs of the parapet wall seems to indicate a new framed roof over the existing concrete slab. It looks like the curb above the new roof would be no more than 12".:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Nice shots.
As I said a few months ago, I was hearing of a blue and silver paint scheme, so I'm glad I at least got some good info about this thing.:rolleyes:

If I recall, Maya mentioned something about lime green on the air gates....

EpcotServo

Yay for Gun Metal Silver!

Dark blue is there too, but I'm waiting for shiny new sign to get to the party.

Lime green is not invited however.

EPCOTPluto

Love the beige & silver colours! :D

But the Buzz colors? This should be interesting. And comparing them from a month or so ago...

picture.php

picture.php

Pretty nice to see some exterior work finally being done! :sohappy::D

EPCOTPluto

^ And yet Lime Green is actually a nice colour, if it isn't so overused.

Such a nice retro feeling to it.... :lookaroun

Disney%27s+Lake+Buena+Vista+Shopping+Village+1+c1975.bmp

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm... interesting feelings on this one.

- I like the silver replacing the orange, but at the same time, shame that the overall FP/SM sign structure is saying as is. I really wanted to see the entire entrance area get re-done with new signage and all, but it looks like thats not happening now. :(

- Good to see the blue/orange gone. And actually, that blue/lime green thing could work, as long as the green isn't overdone. When you think about it, the glow strips on the rockets have always had that green look, so really, this color combo makes sense, though it is very Buzz Lightyear esque from the outside. (Lime green and blue. Seem to be the popular colors for WDI right now. :lookaroun :lol:)

- Finally, are those stripes on the side of the SM entrance wall new, or is that just leftover from the removal of the siding material?

Overall, not bad, but slightly underwhelming. :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

- I like the silver replacing the orange, but at the same time, shame that the overall FP/SM sign structure is saying as is. I really wanted to see the entire entrance area get re-done with new signage and all, but it looks like that's not happening now. :(
Well, since it started so late in the refurb, and it could also be budget reasons.

- Good to see the blue/orange gone. And actually, that blue/lime green thing could work, as long as the green isn't overdone. When you think about it, the glow strips on the rockets have always had that green look, so really, this color combo makes sense, though it is very Buzz Lightyear esque from the outside. (Lime green and blue. Seem to be the popular colors for WDI right now. :lookaroun :lol:)<<< Tell me about it. Could it be a possible hint for next year, who knows?

- Finally, are those stripes on the side of the SM entrance wall new, or is that just leftover from the removal of the siding material? I think it's still the old wall. Referring to the first pic provided, behind the pole structure & blue/green lining, right?

:wave:

Exprcoofto

Hmmm... interesting feelings on this one.

- I like the silver replacing the orange, but at the same time, shame that the overall FP/SM sign structure is saying as is. I really wanted to see the entire entrance area get re-done with new signage and all, but it looks like thats not happening now. :(

- Good to see the blue/orange gone. And actually, that blue/lime green thing could work, as long as the green isn't overdone. When you think about it, the glow strips on the rockets have always had that green look, so really, this color combo makes sense, though it is very Buzz Lightyear esque from the outside. (Lime green and blue. Seem to be the popular colors for WDI right now. :lookaroun :lol:)

- Finally, are those stripes on the side of the SM entrance wall new, or is that just leftover from the removal of the siding material?

Granted the structure for the fastpass is the same, but it could get new styled panels.

I believe those stripes were there, according to this pic: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2310426899_69d7568da1_b.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

^^You could be right about the budget concerns, Pluto (shame on TDO if thats the case. Honestly, they can't stick a few extra thousand into the budget to build a new concrete planter and move a metal frame 30 feet to the right? Pathetic. :mad:). Hopefully the money went into the queue and ride experience then.

And the stripes I'm referring to are in the second picture on the right. Don't know it those are new or not... :shrug:

WDW Vacationer

Comparing the two pics, it seems that isn't the case.:shrug:

I would like it to be, not a fan of their new love of lime green, but at least this is fairly subtle compared to the monstrosity that Innoventions has become.
Not tape. Just looked at a close up.

Innocore will turn out nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom