Space Mountain Refurb. Jan. 2008

KevinPage

Disney will just paint over the scratches and deny this photo.

Nah, once the wand is actually down a giant corporate vacuum will follow.

- TWDC will no longer care about profits, their main goal will be to stroke the
ego of a few hundred internet dweebs.

- Beastly Kingdom will be built with major enhancements to it's original plan
- 5th gate dedicated to only Villians characters will be announced
- EPCOT CENTER will feature attractions from Exxon about how great drilling
for oil is & Michael Jackson's new 3D movie will talk about child abuse
- Magic Kingdom's president of operations will admit their failure with Stitch &
MILF & replace both attractions with a exhilirating movie based journey
sponsored by EASTERN AIRLINES

More than likely, the reaction from the rest of the planet earth will be an end to genocide in Darfur & Bush pulling out of Iraq.

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

WDWGoof07

Lee, do you think it's a possibility that we could see a refurb similar to TDL Space? They didn't add music or replace track, but, from what I've heard, all the cosmetic updates were actually impressive. I'm wondering if that's what we'll be getting.

cyre

Hi everyone, I'm cyre, I took that picture. A friend let me know it was being used here. Thank you for the credit for it. I am very glad to see it wasn't just 'taken'.

The picture was taken in February around Presidents day weekend this year. That is exactly where the ride stopped for me. I have several more pictures from that moment :)

thanks again!

cyre (Laura)

DisneyNeighbor

Don't think that's possible....:shrug:
At least not without some major reworking of the structure.

If they are replacing the track(if), then what stops them from using wider 2 seat cars. I have seen part of the inside with the lights on and they have some room to expand the track. And from riding it the load, unload and lift hills will be the only problem to expand. This would really expand capacity.

DisneyNeighbor

Screamscape has reported that more of its sources are reporting that the Space Mountain Rehab will most likely focus on the loading station.

However, there are rumors of a new audio system.

One "Wild Rumor" they report is that there will be new trains that can seat 2 across. I think that won't happen due to the gauge of the track.

New audio and effects are still being talked about as well.

Don't think that's possible....:shrug:
At least not without some major reworking of the structure.
If they are replacing the track(if), then what stops them from using wider 2 seat cars. I have seen part of the inside with the lights on and they have some room to expand the track. And from riding it the load, unload and lift hills will be the only problem to expand. This would really expand capacity.

PeeplMoovr

Sorry to be a buzzkill, and thank you for all your insight - but if it were up to me, they'd leave this ride as-is. I enjoy thrill rides, and the nostalgic in me would love to be able to ride SM as it is for years to come. It's thrilling enough now. That rear-seat whiplash leaves a longer thrill than any other ride on property. :)

I can appreciate change when necessary, but I think there are plenty of other attractions/parks that could use the money it would take to change this ride more so than SM.

(hint - Imagination increased budget and MGM Studios in general)

That being said, I am impressed by much of what Disney is doing as of late.

Lee

Adventurer
If they are replacing the track(if), then what stops them from using wider 2 seat cars.
Nothing...but that's a big "if".
I have seen part of the inside with the lights on and they have some room to expand the track. And from riding it the load, unload and lift hills will be the only problem to expand. This would really expand capacity.
Basically, the current track can't support the added weight, strain, or torque that would come from wider trains. Yes, the areas you mention would require widening for clearance, but the entire track and support structure would need to be re-engineered to handle rockets that are twice as wide.
Actually, given what happened at Disneyland, I question whether it would be possible to even add audio to existing/new trains with the current track system.

TarzanRocked99-

I believe they were looking to add audio back during the 99 refurb, but the idea was dropped do to the additional weight added to the cars. I am not sure why it would be different this time around unless the audio was not as heavy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom