Space Mountain Queue "Space" Windows

yeti

<OBJECT height=80 width=300>
&nbsp
That is soothing...
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/gkmnKmKziG" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="80" width="300"></OBJECT>

Ahhhhhhh........music of the angels....:rolleyes:

MouseWorshipper

Will everyone stop assuming that everything is pepper's ghost? :zipit: Yes it's a great effect, but Disney doesn't just repeat the same success over and over. The Imagineers are too creative for that. Look at how varied the parks and resorts are!

The SM window effect is done by placing an angled painting with backlighting inside a clear, fiber glass sphere.

Nautical

I think they have the concave glass, and a piece of special cloth behind it that gets projected on, it projects on the cloth, not through the window itself.

Just a guess :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

<object height="80" width="300">

That is soothing...

<embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/gkmnKmKziG" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="80" width="300"></object>

That's so cool!How do you link that?

If you have a SSE one I would love it on my profile!:wave:

goofntink

I do know how it is done. In the space window scenes there is a half circle concave mirror at the bottom of the scenes.The projections you see are under the walkways.The models are stationary and move as you move past the scenes. In otherwords the movement is an illusion.The concave mirror reflects the image as you move,you see the right side of the model to the left side.To give you an idea of what I mean,stand in front of say your car from the side.Start at the front side close to the car,and walk in a half circle out away from the front out to the center and back in to the back of the car.The star scenes above them are static.

WDITrent

One time someone had to tell me to move because i was staring at them trying to work out how they did it. In my daze the que had actually moved about 20 feet haha.

Space Mountain has become one of my favourite rides for me over the years, because i think overall the attraction is really immersive, inparticular the que area, i really love the effects.

(bold mine)
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

"Que?" is Spanish for "What?"

and "Queue" is where you stand in line for an attraction.

Imagineer Z

You know what would be great, if someone could show a diagram of how this is done!

If I'm able to collect enough information on how to make one, I'll put it up on a website so people can design them at their own leisure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom