Space Mountain now utilizing StoryMaker

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Space Mountain is now putting guests names with quotes as you walk up the moving walkway after exiting the ride.
(Not the best picture, and it's from Insidethemagic)
nd.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So I take it this replaces the video screens where you can see yourself?

If so, I will take it. I was sick of seeing myself! :)

Still think the best one so far is for Haunted Mansion...

No Name

It's already lost the "special" feeling. Give us something new with Storymaker....

I agree, there is so much more that can be done. I like this stuff so far (as long as it doesn't become too redundant) and I have no problem with what they're doing. In fact, a lot of them are funny and somewhat creative. It's just that there are other cool uses, and I hope this isn't the extent of their creativity.

An absolutely huge use would be having the face characters know your name without you telling them first. What's more special to a little child than Cinderella calling them by name? It's so so much more personal. It makes you feel invited, it makes you feel like the character was waiting for you to come! This is not a gimmick, this is real. They really should be jumping at this opportunity.

A smaller and easier use that I see is, rather than just recording the top scores on TSMM, putting a name next to the score. Just a first name. So on that big gameboy at the end of the ride, rather than just "#1: 358,000" (or whatever it looks like) it would say "#1: Mark: 358,000." Just one idea of many.

Also, maybe having a special birthday stage on TSMM. Or even just doing stuff for birthdays in the existing places. Do these current implementations do anything for that? I really don't know, but something is telling me not. Even anniversaries would be cool. Could make for a magical moment (again, if not overused).

Maybe some of these are privacy issues? I don't know. Regardless, there is more to be done. I hope they go through with some of the more unique ideas.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
An absolutely huge use would be having the face characters know your name without you telling them first. What's more special to a little child than Cinderella calling them by name? It's so so much more personal. It makes you feel invited, it makes you feel like the character was waiting for you to come! This is not a gimmick, this is real. They really should be jumping at this opportunity.

I disagree for a few reasons. WDW is a very international destination, and names are often difficult to say out loud. It can also be a bit startling to people who aren't familiar or aware with how Disney is using this technology and could be creeped out by it, moreso than what they're doing now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom