Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

magicmaya

Here's an idea;

For the post-show how about tying the theme with Tomorrowland.
Imagine X-S Tech teleportation ads where we witness various items being teleported from one place to another. Also included is a different model of the city seen from the TTA. Also are rooms from tnhe future that interact with guests as they pass.​

It would definitely be cheap to do.​

That's a good Idea.My imagination had stitch written all over it when I couldn't think of anything.:lol:

Cap10_Mickey

Remember too, Lance's info mentions nothing about the new A/V interactive equipment to be installed as per the new permit filing. (Granted I didn't read his whole post, relying on the part quoted here)

EPCOT Explorer

Quote of the day goes to Lance over at Screamscape:
Even worse, it sounds like the addition of the highly requested on-board audio system has been scrapped from the rehab budget entirely! Ever since Space Mountain at Disneyland added audio in the ‘90s, people have been demanding that they add it to the Florida version as well. I hate to say it, but I’ve got to admit now that it seems likely that in their rush to budget cut and trim out all the cool new items from this rehab in order to reopen it by Thanksgiving, they’re going to give us all the Mickey Mouse one-finger salute instead. God I hope I’m wrong...
Maybe I should email that to Phil....

Please do...:zipit: Seems exactly what TDO seems to want to do.:(

magicmaya

I have something else to add to my pov!

As you get off the ride, you step onto the lime green glow in the dark carpet onto the blue glow in the dark speen ramp!

As you go down the ramp, you hear that same music that was there pre-refurb.As you are passing by the displays there is a voice that tells you what is happening in the display.Finally when you get to the bottom of the ramp you see the AA of Stitch from SGE(because it got closed down:D) and there is puke all over it.When you get to the wee bottom you look into the now flat screen TV's that is broadcasting tomorrowland transportation.Finally you get to see your ride pictures, and stitch happens to be on the rocket with you :lol:

magicmaya

Rocket POV

The rockets are still single seated.The seats are softer and when you look in front of you there is much more room.There are pockets to the side of you.The new rocket colors are silver with blue stripes.As you pull the bar back, the safety directions come from the speakers on the head rest automaticly! Dont worry, the music is loud so you could see how the beginning of the ride is dramatic.:animwink:​

Fun2BFree

New Tomorrowland's colour-scheme is more metallic neon purple, orange and green -- blue and silver is a little too retro and won't do much to close the thematic gap between Space and the rest of the land. Besides, I'd rather they left the mountain the way it is outside... after the abomination that was DL's golden SM, let's not take any chances with such an iconic building.

Isn't silver lighting impossable?:lookaroun

And it's hi-ho, silver lighting, anywhere you go...

EDIT:
Anybody see this yet? Seems we're getting an interactive queue for SM...

They better not mess with my beloved Star Tunnel queue and music by sticking vidja games in the middle of it. Nothing quite ruins the ambiance like laser-sounds and spaceship-explosions heard all down the corridor.

hpyhnt 1000

Anybody see this yet? Seems we're getting an interactive queue for SM...

Hm. So what does that mean then? If its anything like Soarin's interactive game (which sounded great on paper, but in actuality is disappointing) I'm a little wary. I don't want to see people steering a cartoony Jetson's-esque rocket ship through space in Space Mountain's queue. :hurl:

EDIT: Upon further thought, anything resembling Soarin's queue would be next to impossible in SM queue. Perhaps this is something for the post-show area? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom