Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Let's please keep this thread on topic. If you want to talk off topic, please use the Chit Chat thread. This part of the board is for relevent and accurate info, so let's keep it that way. Thanks.

jt04

:lol:

You know, looking at your avatar, it would be pretty cool if they put an interactive Hal 9000 in the queue.

My idea is to convert the Test Track vehicles to have HAL9000-esque personalities.

But on topic, I think Maya's description of the entire SM refurb is the best detail we have seen yet. She definitely has access to some good information. I wonder what she knows about the TTA and HoP refurbs. :lookaroun

Jasonflz

My idea is to convert the Test Track vehicles to have HAL9000-esque personalities.

But on topic, I think Maya's description of the entire SM refurb is the best detail we have seen yet. She definitely has access to some good information. I wonder what she knows about the TTA and HoP refurbs. :lookaroun

:lol: Now that would be awesome.

Now that you mention it, I noticed Maya knew something she wasn't willing to tell us. The waving was just a cover.

Lee

Adventurer
Quote of the day goes to Lance over at Screamscape:
Even worse, it sounds like the addition of the highly requested on-board audio system has been scrapped from the rehab budget entirely! Ever since Space Mountain at Disneyland added audio in the ‘90s, people have been demanding that they add it to the Florida version as well. I hate to say it, but I’ve got to admit now that it seems likely that in their rush to budget cut and trim out all the cool new items from this rehab in order to reopen it by Thanksgiving, they’re going to give us all the Mickey Mouse one-finger salute instead. God I hope I’m wrong...
Maybe I should email that to Phil....

magicmaya

How about this! It's a POV of the grand re-opening of SM at night

First there is a special musical performance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXPOzGpeEs

And this person tells this speech!bla bla bla."space mountain is now re-opened!" **cuts the ribbon**

You are walking outside and you look up and you see the new light show!Its Blue at the top and a little bit of lime green at the bottom.
Then you look at the base of the mountain and you see blue and silver paint!
Next you Look at the new sign and it's animated! The colors are blue,lime green,and silver!

Now it's time to go inside!

You first enter the queue and hear the old and re-mixed music and you go down the star tunnel and you see new pictures on the walls and TV's with with the new saftey speil on it.
When you enter the space port you see the nice projections on the ceiling! You also see the new color scheme: Blue, Silver, And Green.
When it is time to get on, the blue loading gates open and you board and the voice tells you the rules while riding.You pull the safety bars back and the loading gates close and they turn lime green to white then to blue again.

The rocket starts and you just notice that there is more room! Yes!
You take that first turn and the dramatic music starts! You go through the strobe tunnel and you take that sharp turn! You go up the Lift hill and the the dramatic music gets louder and you wave to the people on the other side of the track! You get to the top and you...are...off! It's not bumpy either and you notice that they got new star effects!

When you get to the re-entry tunnel,it's the same as disneyland's and the blinding sight of stars makes you smile for the new camera system.

You get off laughng and clapping and your back isn't hurting!

I don't know what the new post show is going to be like.They are probably replacing the dog with stitch!:(

I'm not going to be surprised!

The POV of what might happen during your ride!

As the gates close the music starts you go strait and make your first turn.Then you stop before the first drop and the walls are blue then 5 seconds later they turn white and 3 seconds later they turn green.While you are waiting the voice talks during the music just like disneyland's! You go into the strobe tunnel and the familiar sound of beeps come, it's kinda like you are in your happy place.Someone in your rocket tries to touch the ceiling.You are taken out of your happy place when you take that sharp turn and head up that lift hill. You are surrounded by blue and lime green neon lighting.You cannot hear anything but the music playing in your rocket! The familiar voice counts down from 5 to 1 when you get to the tipity top of the lift hill.Then next thing you know, you are in complete darkness and surrounded my stars of every color of the rainbow. At every twist and turn, you see an astroid and the music makes the experience even more dreamlike! It's time to be awaken by your dream when you go through that new and blinding re-entry tunnel.You pull in and the brakes work just fine.The CM welcomes you back into tomorrowland.That red carpet is now glow in the dark flooring! It is a sight to see!:wave:

jt04

I have to say Lance's comments confused me. I read them and it sounded like Disney was describing off-board audio. I'm not sure audio effects "tied to" visual effects is such a bad idea. I certainly can't say I would exactly be excited about a musical sound track on-board ala RnRC. Is that what is being discussed? Is that what DL has? I'd settle for standard "space" sound effects.

That's what this people is "demanding".

Fun2BFree

I have to say Lance's comments confused me. I read them and it sounded like Disney was describing off-board audio. I'm not sure audio effects "tied to" visual effects is such a bad idea. I certainly can't say I would exactly be excited about a musical sound track on-board ala RnRC. Is that what is being discussed? Is that what DL has? I'd settle for standard "space" sound effects.

That's what this people is "demanding".

The on-board soundtrack was supposed to be on the cards. Disneyland has had one since the mid-90s, first a D-i-c-k Dale rocker and now an Incredibles-style orchestral soundtrack. I don't know how much it would improve Space, but that was indeed what much of the clamoring was over.

jt04

The on-board soundtrack was supposed to be on the cards. Disneyland has had one since the mid-90s, first a D-i-c-k Dale rocker and now an Incredibles-style orchestral soundtrack. I don't know how much it would improve Space, but that was indeed what much of the clamoring was over.

I like music as you walk through the tunnel but could take it or leave after the launch. Cool "3D" sound effects however.....:D

Jasonflz

Here's an idea;

For the post-show how about tying the theme with Tomorrowland.
Imagine X-S Tech teleportation ads where we witness various items being teleported from one place to another. Also included is a different model of the city seen from the TTA. Also are rooms from tnhe future that interact with guests as they pass.

It would definitely be cheap to do.​

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I volunteer.
Everybody chip in for the cost of a Backstage Magic and I'll be there!:D
Hmmm, speaking of Backstage, how much cash would i have to "donate" to Epcot to get a tour of SSE with lights on after hours. Yep. more then i got.

I hope he is incorrect. I was really looking forward to this addition.

magicmaya

Hmmm, speaking of Backstage, how much cash would i have to "donate" to Epcot to get a tour of SSE with lights on after hours. Yep. more then i got.

I hope he is incorrect. I was really looking forward to this addition.

I hope he's incorrect too.The music makes the experience better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom