Space Mountain Gift Shop

cdatkins

I was also shocked that they didn't have any SM related merchandise in the SM gift shop last week.

At every other attraction-based gift shop, you could buy plenty of attraction gifts (BTW, I love the fact that you can get a tee shirt for most of the big attractions now!).

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I was also shocked that they didn't have any SM related merchandise in the SM gift shop last week.

At every other attraction-based gift shop, you could buy plenty of attraction gifts (BTW, I love the fact that you can get a tee shirt for most of the big attractions now!).

A lot of people around here actually complain that unique merchandise is a lot less common now. I myself have noticed a lot of attraction-specific merchandise for most other rides, so I'm not sure what they're complaining about, either. Less park specific stuff? I definitely don't think it's the case that DtD has just about everything you can buy in the parks (as many assert) nor does it even come close. Another reason it's all the more disappointing that there is no Space Mountain merchandise!

DadGoesToo

i have this shirt:

CIMG1520.jpg
CIMG1521.jpg

Where did you get the cool shirt!:xmas:

darthjohnny

The HSM stuff are probably remants of when the Pep Rally used to perform at the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland.

They probably figured just to leave them there. It gets a lot of young people anyway in there with the arcade, so it makes for a great location to sell it.

phenom1307

The HSM stuff are probably remants of when the Pep Rally used to perform at the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland.

They probably figured just to leave them there. It gets a lot of young people anyway in there with the arcade, so it makes for a great location to sell it.

when was that performed at MK?

darthjohnny

when was that performed at MK?

It started performing there when all of the other Magic Kingdom shows made for the Year of a Million Dreams started to perform (i.e. Capt. Jack's Pirate Tutorial, Woody's Cowboy Camp, Family Fun Parade, etc....)

I believe it started in January of 2007.

It was moved to the Disney-MGM studios in the spring.

phenom1307

It started performing there when all of the other Magic Kingdom shows made for the Year of a Million Dreams started to perform (i.e. Capt. Jack's Pirate Tutorial, Woody's Cowboy Camp, Family Fun Parade, etc....)

I believe it started in January of 2007.

It was moved to the Disney-MGM studios in the spring.

was it really? i never saw it there and i was there all of january 07

darthjohnny

was it really? i never saw it there and i was there all of january 07

Yep. They performed in Tomorrowland.

They had their own Wildcat Pep Rally stage which, if I remember correctly, was located by the Galaxy Theater, between Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Carousel of Progress.

phenom1307

Yep. They performed in Tomorrowland.

They had their own Wildcat Pep Rally stage which, if I remember correctly, was located by the Galaxy Theater, between Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Carousel of Progress.

i guess i just wasnt in MK when it was going on then lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s a great shop if you like generic PotC merch. I was dissappointed with most of WDWs shops this trip since the majority of merch is available all over property. What I did get in the SpaceM shop was a `MountainEARing` T Shirt with the MKs mountains on the back and `Space` highlighted.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
With all the news of great new WDW shirts, I think it's about time for another update on Space Mountain stuff... anyone?

Woozle

I'm glad this was brought up. I noticed the same thing. I told my sister I would buy her a shirt from anywhere in MK and she wanted a Space Mountain shirt. So after riding SM we headed to the gift shop. After glancing around at all the shirts I said to my sister, "Hannah Montana shirt instead?"

wcox377492

Space Mountain (still) has a gift shop????????:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

While Disneyland's Space Mountain shop is little more than a sales counter at least you can find Space Mountain merch there. It seems more and more that Florida's is being taken over by the arcade, and generic "parks" merchandise.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Any updates?

I have my own update--since I can't pick up Space Mountain stuff at Magic Kingdom, I have been collecting some via eBay. Snagged this today for $6.83 shipped! Not the highest quality frame, but cool nonetheless (and it matches a shirt I have!)

6121_1.JPG

Disneykidder

That's a cool looking frame. I like the expression on Mickey's face.:)
With as popular a ride Space Mountain is, you'd think there wiould be more merchandise!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom