Space Mountain Gift Shop

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Still nothing in the gift shop. Hopefully when Space Mountain reopens, that changes. A 1971 Collection shirt sure would be nice.

NiarrNDisney

Ehh! That gift shop reminds me of a dingy Dollar store and Arcade you would find in a Mall that Roseanne would shop at. Back in 07' my niece and I hung out in the Arcade for a while to cool off and get out of the sun. After spending 20 min. in there and a lot of quarters I had enough. It smells and all around just looks dank and dingy. Hopefully with the refurb it to will be upgraded and new merch will be for sale.

DDAY

I bought a T-Shirt back in 2005 and I loved it. But cant find them anymore and that sucks! But Oh Well

muteki

Yay first post! :wave:

I would imagine that if there is any reason for a current lack of SM merch, it is due to changing theming/aesthetics associated with the coming refurb. Don't want anything that might reference old features of the ride if it's going to change in the future. I imagine after it reopens we will get a slew of new stuff reflecting its updated state. Gotta cash in on the refurb somehow.

But yeah, HSM, thats another reason too.

NiarrNDisney

Thread Recycling!

Since there are already threads devoted to the Space Mt. attraction
I thought I would use this thread that is on the same topic to ask this question?

* Is there any news or have plans been released as to what they will do with the Gift shop and the Arcade attached to SM?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thread Recycling!

Since there are already threads devoted to the Space Mt. attraction
I thought I would use this thread that is on the same topic to ask this question?

* Is there any news or have plans been released as to what they will do with the Gift shop and the Arcade attached to SM?

I am curious as to the answer to this, too. It's one thing we really don't hear much about with regard to this refurbishment.

SMRT-1

I am curious as to the answer to this, too. It's one thing we really don't hear much about with regard to this refurbishment.

Yea, really....it's not like that arcade isn't big enough. I am sure they could squeeze something in between the hannah montana merch.

It's too bad they didn't knock that arcade down during the refurb. That place is such an eyesore!

Sassagoula

Yea, really....it's not like that arcade isn't big enough. I am sure they could squeeze something in between the hannah montana merch.

It's too bad they didn't knock that arcade down during the refurb. That place is such an eyesore!

No kidding. I'd be happy to see it torn down even if it wasn't replaced with anything! Doesn't help that inside (as many other posters in this thread have said) there's nothing worthwhile. How successful is the arcade aspect anyway? Laziness to replace it aside, is it drawing in enough crowds to justify its existence?

NiarrNDisney

Honestly I think its time to rethink the whole concept of the Arcade it seems dated and unsed. Everytime I have been in there it seems that there are only maybe 5 people wandering around the arcade and the shop is just an area for people to empty out of the SM...
I wish they would do something like the Raytheon's Sum of all Thrills or even the Cyber Space Mt. or something more interactive like DQ than just some run of the mill arcade games. Air Hockey really?

kungfoosally

i DO wish they would put something better inside the arcade.. but i actually like the way it looks... it reminds me of the Hall of Justice! i sing the superfriends theme everytime i pass it on the TTA

hall_of_justice_by_puebloone.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom