News Space Mountain exit being worked on

Castle Cake Apologist

I think we need to expect that the moving sidewalk is not returning. Hope you have pictures in the can already!
Oh, I fully expect that's, uh, where we are. I just haven't heard what we'll look at as we *walk* out of the unload zone in the future....

Have you heard something definite, Kevin? Or just speculating? I'd be so upset if they took the moving sidewalk out. It's just one of those little things.

The other insiders have been noticeably mute on this one, so I'd be interested to hear more if you're able.

mm121

Ooooooohh boy. Here it goes.

Edit: Ooooorr they can remove it from the mountain using the nice little yeti sized door that's been there since it opened. It was also removed a couple times in the past.
people have said that the issues with it are structural though. wish they would fix it not sure i ever saw it in action

mm121

Disone

I think we need to expect that the moving sidewalk is not returning. Hope you have pictures in the can already!
Don't lose all hope yet. I know a cast member near this project, and the information given to him is that the ramp is being fully replaced, not just removed. Again, Frontline information so yes there's reason to be skeptical however that is the information being given to the cast at this time that the ramp is being fully replaced not just removed.

mm52200

cute how they dressed the CM in his little train outfit

well thats lame, more of that dumbing down to cut maintenance costs philosophy
Because that’s a train cast member and they’re costume and they are in charge of holding trains or communicating when it’s clear to cross the tracks...same thing happens when parades step off, there’s a cast member from trains monitoring the tracks and holding trains allowing the floats to cross the tracks.

lazyboy97o

Two totally different situations. Everest would need to be practically scrapped and rebuilt from scratch to fix the Yeti. It would be closed for years and effectively be rebuilding the ENTIRE roller coaster. With Space Mountain, I don't know what they would do. I just think it'll have a lengthy refurbishment when Tron opens.
Space Mountain is the ride that needs to be rebuilt and was supposed to be rebuilt nearly a decade ago.

Raineman

Not trying to sound lazy or anything, but it was always nice to be able to just stand still and be carried up the ramp. The walkway was not operational last fall, and it was a bit of a hike to walk up that incline. If you are at the point of your trip that your feet are starting to ache, any automated movement is a welcome thing.

Captain Barbossa

I saw this a few weeks ago and saw some workers hanging around it, and for some strange reason, I thought that it might of been a walkway to the tron coaster site. But then I actually saw them working on it.

The asphalt hadn’t been poured between the track yet.
363E522B-01F6-4B2E-BE3A-74F93A6332DD.jpeg
1F480484-3D3A-46C0-8D23-29CC39C6794A.jpeg

Raineman

I saw this a few weeks ago and saw some workers hanging around it, and for some strange reason, I thought that it might of been a walkway to the tron coaster site. But then I actually saw them working on it.

The asphalt hadn’t been poured between the track yet.
View attachment 289884View attachment 289885
Thanks for posting these. I was sure that the colored path had always been there, but I just checked Google Maps and sure enough, the old path was grey concrete, and I don't think there was a level crossing across the rails.
The fact that they actually repaved this short piece of pathway makes me think that the exit ramp refurb may take a while, or that they would like to have this exit available if they need it in the future. I can't see this being used in any way for the Tron coaster, due to the need to have CMs there at all times directing foot traffic around the trains.

Kamikaze

...because it's a somewhat narrow moving pathway that isn't intended for passing? It's the post-show to Space Mountain, that's why the dioramas are there. It's not like you're at the airport.

It isn't that narrow, the post show displays are terrible (and I've seen them hundreds of times) and there are other things to do than wait on the walkway. You don't have to rush off, but you can be a normal decent human and at least leave people room to go around you.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom