News Space Mountain exit being worked on

KawiJason

You can see some "demo" work while on the peoplemover. Just a quick view of a small area but there has not been any progress in that area (that i am able to see) since this started.

GymLeaderPhil

I’m not familiar with the project but I don’t believe that’s possible, particularly under the railroad.

There’s an old service corridor parallel to the speed ramp (more of a small backstage void) but I’m not sure it’s practical to connect with it. I may be wrong.
Any significant widening of the speedramp path would likely have to force major changes to the attraction since the path is sandwiched dead center in the middle of both unload, storage, and lift hills. They would have to contend with the PeopleMover track above possibly too.

The only viable option would be to reduce or remove the show scenes you see as you are exiting. This would be tough like you said under the railroad as well as near the end of the speedramp as that area towards the merchandise location connection is also pretty tight.

The service corridor is very tiny and you are literally walking behind the speedramp show scenes. There’s also an issue of the main support column for the entire building that is adjacent to the service corridor.

KawiJason

Just a quick view from the mover yesterday sept 9th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180910-134032_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-134032_Video Player.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 426
  • Screenshot_20180910-134104_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-134104_Video Player.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Screenshot_20180910-134133_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-134133_Video Player.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Screenshot_20180910-134207_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-134207_Video Player.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 378

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It seems they are working on the exit show scenes somewhat, then. Maybe widening the moving sidewalk?
Well, if it looks like nothing really is happening with the scenery...I'm still thinking it's just to get that moveable walkway going again.....When was the last time all of the pathway actually worked?
AFAIK it’s a like for like speed ramp replacement.

BigThunderMatt

Well, if it looks like nothing really is happening with the scenery...I'm still thinking it's just to get that moveable walkway going again.....When was the last time all of the pathway actually worked?

In the 8 years that I lived and worked at WDW I only saw this not functioning maybe twice? The one at POTC is much more fickle and it's like a 1/20 of the length.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom