Space Mountain DARKER??

tirian

Couldn't disagree more. DL's Space Mountain is FAR superior to WDW's, and the great new soundtrack is one reason.

I'm thinking of the older soundtrack, which sounded more like a beach party. Cool music, but not too futuristic.

I do, however, prefer our track design to DL's.

Tim G

DisneyWales said:
Well I cant wait to see Tokyo, love Japan, learning the Lingo (very slowly). It's funny that out of my top 5 Places in the world to visit, Disney has a Park in 4 of them, Paris just kinda happens to be close...
You have to learn it well (I'm serious), you would be surprised how little Japanese understand english, the only advantage you'll have is the lefthand driving... don't think I'll get by, using your hands and feet, they just don't understand...

Sayonara!:D

se8472 said:
its not darker...or lighter for that matter.

What I usually tell guest when I am asked this question is that its your eyes. Depending on if your eyes have adjusted to darkness or not will allow you to see more and thus its darker. This is all compared to someone who comes up the FP line on a bright day and gets right on...they an't going to see a thing.

So really, if everyone would just bring a flashlight with them, and shine it in their eyes for the last 5 minutes of the queue, all these light-issue complaints would be nonexistent ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So, eat alot of carrots right before you go on and it will look like this
spacem_copy1.jpg

(picture by forbiddden donut)

jedimaster1227

marni1971 said:
Lets see what happens over the next 12-18 months...

I am patient, but I was thinking about a great idea for a new part of the rehab.

If you have been to DisneyQuest before, you will see a transparent picture of Space Mountain with track circling it out and around. Basically the same concept as what Time Racers was meant to do: Go outside of the ride building. The only difference would be that this would only happen at night. During the day, the track would stay inside of the building, but at night, when the ride switched to Rockit Mountain, you have a switchtrack that sends the train outside of the infamous building and have it circle the building and shoot back inside... Just a thought...:lookaroun

Merlin

Account Suspended
TOTguest1127 said:
I loooove Space Mountain. It's easy to complain about (the track, the lighting), but you have to remember that it's old. Imagine what it was like when it was new, when there was nothing else like it. We didn't have the Kingda Ka's and Milennium Force's to compare it to.

You're right. Back in 1975, Space Mountain seemed pretty phenomenal by comparison to other coasters of it's time....kinda like 8-track tapes! :lol:

Now in 2006, Space Mountain is a joke compared to other coasters. It's WAY overdue for some updates.

lamarvenoy

Corrus said:
And most of all to save the huge pile of money for that...:cool: :) Tokyo is the 2nd most expensive city in the world and Osaka on 4th place... :lol:

:wave:

It's no coincidence the mouse is so into the Asian market $$$. I'd like to see DHK but not that much. One of my best friends is in the Navy and he is stationed in Japan and he tells me all about the crazy prices and miniature sized rooms and the wacky vending machines.No, I think Florida is good place for me:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom