News Space Mountain and Disneyland Railroad closing for refurbishment in early August 2024

SuddenStorm

IMO, nothing spectacular. I kinda hoped they'd fully change that scene.

But at least they got it working AGAIN finally. Kinda the bare minimum we should expect.

Disney fixing things- but not trying to change things is a huge win.

WDI should keep their hands off the classics. Ops should focus on maintaining everything better.

DrAlice

From this video the only "new" things in the station I noticed were the starfield panels.

Thanks for this! I think what I noticed as "new" was just a result of David's camera settings making some things appear brighter than I remembered.

So glad the tunnel lights are back. Everything looks great! Yay!

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Main Street Station just went under construction walls, and fall protection installed on the roof (I don't have photos, sorry, you'll have to take my word for it). Scaffold and scrim to follow as a full building refurb (70th prep as always) is about to kick off

PiratesMansion

Word on the street is that they’ve decided to just make the Avatar Experience a replacement of Primeval World on the DLRR.
No joke, my first thought riding through that diorama for the first time after the river/train redo and reaching the first bit with the smaller dinosaurs and foliage was "man, they went a little Pandora on the color scheme in here!"

PiratesMansion

While I'm sure the 70th is somewhat responsible, it really does feel for the first time in a long time that the park is getting actual refurb money sent its way and not just band-aid/can't-be-delayed-anymore quick fixes.

That said, I sure hope that everything currently down is open again by the time I get there for Christmas and that no more surprise refurbs sprout up in the meantime.

mickEblu

Wow! Space Mountain is in great shape. The functional lights really bolster the experience dramatically. Not sure if I was imagining this, but seemed like the soundtrack volume was cranked up way louder than usual (which was fantastic). Sat in the front row; it was a perfect experience.

Rode it last week. Great to have the lights working again but for some reason I thought they worked better on the POV I saw. The flashing looked faster, more trippy and vibrant than in person.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom