News Space Mountain and Disneyland Railroad closing for refurbishment in early August 2024

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Plus the vehicles no longer squeak!
1725643112461.png

waltography

My expectation at this point is that anything Disney has allowed to remain broken for over a year will stay broken forever. So this is a win, to me.

Also, Fresh Baked did a side-by-side comparison and it seems like an upgraded effect, not just a restoration.
Seems like they replaced the simple light bars for LED ones which means they do so much more than flash on and off. Pitch perfect enhancement of what was there before; I love how they play around with speed and do the flash bang at the end before the lift hill.

Can’t wait to see it in person tomorrow.

DrAlice

For someone with better memory.......

Did the station always have the blinking blue rectangle lights in the upper part of the walls? Did the ship above the load area always have the blinking lights on the panels? Those both stood out to me in the FB video, but it might have just been his camera settings making them more apparent.

Misted Compass

Did the station always have the blinking blue rectangle lights in the upper part of the walls? Did the ship above the load area always have the blinking lights on the panels? Those both stood out to me in the FB video, but it might have just been his camera settings making them more apparent.
From this video the only "new" things in the station I noticed were the starfield panels.

D.Silentu

Did the station always have the blinking blue rectangle lights in the upper part of the walls? Did the ship above the load area always have the blinking lights on the panels?
Years ago the blue rectangle lights were solid colors, but I can't recall when they were altered to have a pulsating effect. I can say it was long after the 2005 refurbishment. The blinking lights on the ship docked at the load have always done so, though their sequencing may be new.

waltography

Rode it twice this morning (the heat’s melted the crowds away, what a perfect day!) and here’s what I noticed:

• Lighting throughout the queue feels refreshed. Nothing stood out in particular, but the queue felt more colorful than before.
  • Load area feels brighter; I don’t remember the overhead lighting being as strong or warm before? But I could be making that up.
  • Dispatch and restraint check both have refreshed lighting packages. It’s hard to see in the video, but in person the light bars have a nice electric pulsing effect. Note the angled light bars above the car on the left vs. the right (screenshot from the LMG video above):
IMG_0948.jpeg

Again, so awesome to have the light tunnel working again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom