News Space Mountain and Disneyland Railroad closing for refurbishment in early August 2024

mickEblu

I'm surprised there's not a single bit of info about Lincoln. I would have loved to have seen it but I doubt it'll be open.

I wouldn't expect Lincoln back until the start of the 70th which is probably around May 2025. Unless of course they finish early and just bring Lincoln back and don't unveil Walt until the start of the 70th but I doubt it. Lincoln doesn't help very much in terms of capacity.

Touchdown

Rumors are they are retracking the DLRR, one section at a time, over the next year. It'll be down for a couple months, open for a period of time, and then go back down for a couple months to do the next section and so on.
Why would they do that? Seems kind of pointless to not do it all at once, plus wasn’t it recently retracked? I was under the impression it’s closed because of the HM/TBA construction and that’s it.

TrainsOfDisney

It will probably be running for Christmas crowds then…. I’m gonna try to get out there for some last rides on the red car trolley.

If I get to see the holiday world of color that will be an extra bonus - it’s one of my favorites.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why would they do that? Seems kind of pointless to not do it all at once, plus wasn’t it recently retracked? I was under the impression it’s closed because of the HM/TBA construction and that’s it.
Why would it need to close for HM/TBA construction? Anything that would have affected DLRR functionality or even just views would have already been completed when it closed for a bit in January.

Also I don't recall the DLRR being retracked recently. I know the train over in MK was as they were doing Tron. But I don't recall the DLRR being retracked anytime in the last 5 years, last time was in 2016 for GE, but I could be misremembering. So if you have any specific dates that you recall I'd be happy to double check.

Also they do it in sections so as not to be down for a whole year. DLR doesn't like to keep their attractions closed that long if they can help it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom