Space 220

Chi84

Premium Member
I have a reservation and just want to eat at the lounge as the food on offer on that menu is more appealing. I assume I have to stand in the standby line then?
I would think so. The restaurant itself has a prix fixe menu, so I don’t think they would let you get a reservation for it and then switch to the lounge. But that’s just my guess; I don’t actually know for certain.

With a new restaurant it always pays to ask. Apparently if you get in the standby line when it first opens a CM will come through and ask if you want to see reservation availability. That would explain why reservations are not popping up at all even though there must be cancellations.

Last edited:

Sbk1234

Any idea what the typical availibility is for a meal in the lounge, rather than a reservation? Seems like cost wise, that's the way to go.

MickeyCB

Any idea what the typical availibility is for a meal in the lounge, rather than a reservation? Seems like cost wise, that's the way to go.
We ate at Space at 3 pm on Oct 23rd (a Saturday). The walk up line for the lounge was maybe 12-15 people waiting and the rumor was that was about an hour wait. I am sure it varies considerably.

Chi84

Premium Member
We waited in the standby line around 2:30 on October 25. They quoted us around 40 minutes for a party of 2 and that’s about how long we waited. The larger party behind us, I believe 5 or 6, was told 1 1/2 hours or longer.

I liked that we were taken up and seated instead of having to find a seat. We split the sliders for lunch, which came with fries and was an ample portion. Nice wines by the glass. Service was good.

I was a little surprised by the lack of space theming in the restaurant. Other than the elevator and the windows (spaceships and astronauts drifting by), there wasn’t much to see. But I’m glad we were able to experience the lounge because it was something new.

Nottamus

The lounge does look like the better option for lunch. We had lunch reservations for 11/9 and it was ok. I agree with the above comment that other than the elevator and windows, not too much space theme

food was ok. We were seated like 3 inches away from another table of three women that took no less than 473 pictures of one drink and a dessert.

food was better portions than website showed. I left non hungry.

and twice as broke as the waitress rang up my gift card TWICE. I had to go Back the following day and ask for a refund, which did happen.
No need to go back unless you get the option to order lounge menu. (Cheaper)

Last edited:

CynBeth

We really enjoyed our pre fixe dinner there we were fascinated by the things we saw through the window and thought the meal was very good. Two of us adults ordered the Moon Rocks drink and did not get the collectible cup or cards. We decided not to say anything our poor waitress was not having a good day with the other tables she had and we felt so bad. There was a huge group near us of adults and kids that was so annoying they were celebrating a birthday and were talking to others on a phone on speaker and kept needing things. Not sure what happened with the table next to us all the only part we heard was someone’s steak was not cooked the way they wanted it and was brought a new one but they asked to speak to the manager do not know what all issues they had and he comped 3 of their meals.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We really enjoyed our pre fixe dinner there we were fascinated by the things we saw through the window and thought the meal was very good. Two of us adults ordered the Moon Rocks drink and did not get the collectible cup or cards. We decided not to say anything our poor waitress was not having a good day with the other tables she had and we felt so bad. There was a huge group near us of adults and kids that was so annoying they were celebrating a birthday and were talking to others on a phone on speaker and kept needing things. Not sure what happened with the table next to us all the only part we heard was someone’s steak was not cooked the way they wanted it and was brought a new one but they asked to speak to the manager do not know what all issues they had and he comped 3 of their meals.
Entitlementarians.

Bless you for not pushing the issue!

LittleMerman

Space 220 is the one reservation I couldn't get for my Feb trip, including the lounge. Is there any other way at a chance to eat there? And how does that work? Thanks.

Chi84

Premium Member
Update: didn’t get an ADR for the restaurant but in the lounge instead. I was frustrated though…It was exactly 6 am and all the restaurant ADR’s were gone instantaneously.
There's very little difference between the lounge and the restaurant from an ambiance point of view. Some (myself included) find the lounge tables better because you get a more elevated view of the restaurant and a better perspective than if you're sitting right next to the windows. And you get a choice of ordering from the lounge menu or the prix fixe. If it were me, I would have tried for the lounge reservations first.

aladdin2007

There's very little difference between the lounge and the restaurant from an ambiance point of view. Some (myself included) find the lounge tables better because you get a more elevated view of the restaurant and a better perspective than if you're sitting right next to the windows. And you get a choice of ordering from the lounge menu or the prix fixe. If it were me, I would have tried for the lounge reservations first.
if you get a lounge reservation do you actually get a lounge table or do you get put at the bar/counter? Im not familair with the lay out but I guess they have both?

Chi84

Premium Member
if you get a lounge reservation do you actually get a lounge table or do you get put at the bar/counter? Im not familair with the lay out but I guess they have both?
That I don't know. Yes, there were bar seats, but there are plenty of tables in the bar area and all the people we saw in line waiting with us were seated at tables. I can't believe they would take reservations for bar seats, but I don't know for certain. Maybe they could use them for seating singles or couples?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom