Space 220

DfromATX

I grabbed one for when we are there in November. Had been up for a little over an hour hour sipping at my coffee and started looking periodically beginning around 5am to see if they had opened yet. Something to be said for being an early riser. 🥳

So for me it would be 5 am also. I've been looking (just to check it out) and of course nothing is available for the next 60 days. Our trip is in January, so I can't book until November. Do you think if I'm on the computer right at 5 I'd have a chance, especially for January?

DfromATX

Us too. At those prices they may have plenty of space...
Not really, there will be lots of people lined up to launch their money straight to Disney.
It is awfully expensive - even for Disney! I was pretty surprised it was that high. But... we will probably go at least once, especially since the next trip will be just my husband and me, but probably a one and done.

pixarprincess

Our friend woke up at the proper time Pacific time... Tried making a reservation, but was unable to due to being unable to remove the previous reservation we had made at another restaurant being it was someone else in our group who made that reservation. So, due to a technicality, no Space 220 for us.

I remember them talking about it a few days ago, and my friend who had booked the previous booking (is at work with no cell service this AM) showed how when you make the new reservation then the old ones pop up for you to deal with. Apparently this was not the case for our friend this morning on her app. Hooray Disney!
This happened to me and I manually canceled the reservation. Failed on something else 5 more times, so now I have no dining plans!

dav23

Our friend woke up at the proper time Pacific time... Tried making a reservation, but was unable to due to being unable to remove the previous reservation we had made at another restaurant being it was someone else in our group who made that reservation. So, due to a technicality, no Space 220 for us.
Exact same thing happened to us. Very frustrating.

LvnDisney

So for me it would be 5 am also. I've been looking (just to check it out) and of course nothing is available for the next 60 days. Our trip is in January, so I can't book until November. Do you think if I'm on the computer right at 5 I'd have a chance, especially for January?
Possibly. They likely won't open the reservations for your stay before 6am on your 60 day out day, but since Disney seems to randomly change that time with no notice, doesn't hurt to start refreshing at 5am if you are already awake.

JohnD

Possibly. They likely won't open the reservations for your stay before 6am on your 60 day out day, but since Disney seems to randomly change that time with no notice, doesn't hurt to start refreshing at 5am if you are already awake.

At 5:45am, I managed to get a Steakhouse 71 ADR on opening day for reservations. Go figure.

nickys

Premium Member
When booking for Space opened, it was 5:36am ET. They might open things early, always worth checking if you’re ready.

DfromATX

I meant 5 am for me is 6 am Eastern, so I'll be up at 4:45! 😴

DfromATX

When booking for Space opened, it was 5:36am ET. They might open things early, always worth checking if you’re ready.
It would be nice if we knew that in advance! To be ready at 6 Eastern, I already have to get up before 5 because I'm central. I never knew they sometimes opened reservations early.

erasure fan1

It is awfully expensive - even for Disney! I was pretty surprised it was that high. But... we will probably go at least once, especially since the next trip will be just my husband and me, but probably a one and done.
Yea, this is par for the Disney course. We will unfortunately never set foot in this place. $80 is just an absolute rip considering what the menu looks like. I get you are paying for the atmosphere but this place is bordering on ridiculous. But like I've said in other posts, Disney is going to push prices till the doors fall off. And I guess I can't blame them since there is little backlash from an attendance standpoint.

JohnD

Yea, this is par for the Disney course. We will unfortunately never set foot in this place. $80 is just an absolute rip considering what the menu looks like. I get you are paying for the atmosphere but this place is bordering on ridiculous. But like I've said in other posts, Disney is going to push prices till the doors fall off. And I guess I can't blame them since there is little backlash from an attendance standpoint.

Remember, you can go to the lounge without getting an ADR, assuming you can find a spot.

DfromATX

Well, at least it'll probably open up some reservations at other places since people will be hot to get one there.

PolynesianPrincess

I remember them talking about it a few days ago, and my friend who had booked the previous booking (is at work with no cell service this AM) showed how when you make the new reservation then the old ones pop up for you to deal with. Apparently this was not the case for our friend this morning on her app. Hooray Disney!

Whenever I make reservations, I never add the names of the people I will be dining with. I always just leave it as myself and however many people are going with me, I leave them as Guest. That way if another ADR comes up that we want, one of my traveling companions can book it and put their name on it. We learned the hard way when my sister tried to book BOG for us but she was already tied to a ADR I had booked for that same time at LTT. So she lost the BOG because she couldnt cancel the LTT because I made it. So now we just leave the person whos booking it as the only actual name on the ressie and leave the rest as guest! :)

Cowboy Steve

We got really lucky... and snagged a reservation for our December trip. Since my sister and I are over planners, we had our days planned out and park reservations made well before the 60 day window for ADRs, and only one of us handled making the reservations. Since our trip is well over a week, and one of our EPCOT days was towards the end of our trip, we were able to snag a reservation on the day we wanted, and at the time we wanted. Go figure...

As mentioned many times already, the cost is... daunting. So more than likely this will be a one and done, unless we really enjoy it and the Dining Plans come back. Then I might consider it again... but it certainly is something that is more about the experience than the food, so any return trip will be for the novelty.

And to be honest, even if the dining plans come back, there is a better than 50/50 chance we won't use it anymore, as the costs are just getting ridiculous. As I am hoping we only camp at Disney in the future I can see us spending much less on eating in the parks and more on bringing our own.

DfromATX

We got really lucky... and snagged a reservation for our December trip. Since my sister and I are over planners, we had our days planned out and park reservations made well before the 60 day window for ADRs, and only one of us handled making the reservations. Since our trip is well over a week, and one of our EPCOT days was towards the end of our trip, we were able to snag a reservation on the day we wanted, and at the time we wanted. Go figure...

As mentioned many times already, the cost is... daunting. So more than likely this will be a one and done, unless we really enjoy it and the Dining Plans come back. Then I might consider it again... but it certainly is something that is more about the experience than the food, so any return trip will be for the novelty.

And to be honest, even if the dining plans come back, there is a better than 50/50 chance we won't use it anymore, as the costs are just getting ridiculous. As I am hoping we only camp at Disney in the future I can see us spending much less on eating in the parks and more on bringing our own.

I'm a planner too! I have our trip for next January all typed up and where I want to eat, along with some backups just in case. We are only doing 3 park days - in this order - Epcot, AK, and MK (saving the best for last). Epcot would be Monday, January 24. In the past, I've booked hard-to-get places towards the end of the trip so that we would have better chances of snagging them and I've thought about making Epcot our last day, but is it really worth if for a short 3-day trip? I'm really hoping to get Space 220 for dinner, but not sure if it would make much of a difference with our little trip. As you know it's booked solid until the end of the year, but I was also hoping it might let up some in January after the holidays. Same for 'Ohana as well on our MK day. That's another one that's been booked solid. I'm sure Space 220 will be a "one and done" for us as well, but I want to try it at least once! I'm impressed she got it, especially during the holiday season.

Hcalvert

Going to the lounge was easy. We got into a standby line and were told the wait would be about 40 minutes, which was accurate. They don’t let you in until a spot is available - and they seat you. No rushing to claim spots.
I have a reservation and just want to eat at the lounge as the food on offer on that menu is more appealing. I assume I have to stand in the standby line then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom