News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

JoeCamel

We don't have to look far to find the inspiration for the exterior shape of the building. I wonder if they started with that and thought "curved building outside wow, we can have a giant screen inside"?

MickeyMinnieMom

For Epcot, this whole project is still too good to be true. It’s going to be nice to have a new original Future World experience without IP. The amazing food in World Showcase has kept me from dining in FW for years. I’m excited to see what Patina comes up with.
I’m looking forward to it as well. We never eat in FW as it is now.

Do we know yet where this falls along the spectrum of TS restaurants? Are we more in Y&Y territory or Tiffins territory, menu/price-wise? Or with an Epcot example, are we more Chefs de France or Monsieur Paul? I’m guessing the former...?

nickys

Premium Member
For Epcot, this whole project is still too good to be true. It’s going to be nice to have a new original Future World experience without IP. The amazing food in World Showcase has kept me from dining in FW for years. I’m excited to see what Patina comes up with.

Nothing to say there won’t be IP involved. Somewhere in this thread there are several pages worth of discussion about the IPs that could be used! We’ll have to wait and see just what the projections end up being.

Rteetz

I’m looking forward to it as well. We never eat in FW as it is now.

Do we know yet where this falls along the spectrum of TS restaurants? Are we more in Y&Y territory or Tiffins territory, menu/price-wise? Or with an Epcot example, are we more Chefs de France or Monsieur Paul? I’m guessing the former...?
The Patina group is running it. Same group that runs Via Napoli, Maria and Enzo's, Morimoto, Tutto Italia, and Edison.

MickeyMinnieMom

The Patina group is running it. Same group that runs Via Napoli, Maria and Enzo's, Morimoto, Tutto Italia, and Edison.
That's right -- I didn't recall offhand which other restaurants they ran. Hmmm... we really like Via Napoli, were entirely unimpressed with Morimoto, and haven't tried the others. We'll definitely try it once no matter what... I'm really hoping that it ends up being solid.

rocketraccoon

Ground level view from today.
xrh2pCG.jpg

lazyboy97o

will it be apart of the MS building at all?
The entrance is a small expansion of the Mission: SPACE building that was intended to be used as a show and conference space for Compaq / HP that was rushed to be added before opening but then never fitted out and used. You can see the entrance from the overflow queue and a connecting catwalk from the main queue room.

KingOfEpicocity

The entrance is a small expansion of the Mission: SPACE building that was intended to be used as a show and conference space for Compaq / HP that was rushed to be added before opening but then never fitted out and used. You can see the entrance from the overflow queue and a connecting catwalk from the main queue room.
Glad that's getting put to good use! My real concern however is that Disney must see MS as an adequate enough attraction to remain in it's place for some time if its going to have a restaurant attached to it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom