News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

IWant2GoNow

Advertisement
I found actual high res art and cropped out the new restaurant:
I was just going to post the exact same thing.

So, anyone know if this will be a forced perspective element on top or is this purely just for the art?

KBLovesDisney

Maybe it is an actual tower that has ridiculous internet power connectivity which will be connected to NASA's live cameras that are actually on the Space Station.🤔

(Again) I can dream.

GlacierGlacier

Story wise, I'd assume it's to represent a Space Elevator, leading up to the restaurant. Really cool science concept that can't actually be done reasonably yet.

They could kinda represent it with a vertical spotlight? Not certain.

brihow

Not to mention what seems like a much lower ceiling. The space feels a lot less grand in this new concept art than it did in the original.
You are absolutely right. I was really excited about this at first but after seeing this new art I'm over it.

creathir

Monorail and PeopleMover Fanatic
Premium Member

Not to mention what seems like a much lower ceiling. The space feels a lot less grand in this new concept art than it did in the original.
I wonder if this is because it is 2 levels.

I hope it’s taller ceilings than this though. It seems very confining, at least in this rendition.

It also could just be a perspective thing.
Look how short the guests are seated next to the windows. Maybe this is trying to imply depth to the room?

Top Bottom