Here is a link to the full patent:
U.S. Patent Application 20200257117 for Panoramic, Multiplane, And Transparent Collimated Display System
Found this patent for what seems to be the digital "space window" technology used in the Galactic Starcruiser (Bridge) and the Space 220 restaurant. It was published on August 13 2020, which makes sense as patents for technology that is used within Disney projects are only usually published after the project has opened. And in the case of Space 220, it was originally targeting a late 2019 opening and then was pushed back to Early 2020... but then COVID hit.View attachment 530645
View attachment 530644View attachment 530646
That's no moon...The detail I'm unclear on is whether the back projection wall (exterior wall) has it's own (presumably starfield) projections? I assume that the "mirror element" is for foreground elements such as spaceships, asteroids, WALL-E, etc.). That would make it essentially another version of Pepper's Ghost (or since it's in orbit, Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast!).
I hope there will be lots of easter eggs in the projections--WALL-E, Cygnus, Death Star et al, (basically all Disney-owned space ships), plus any other non-Disney craft they can license (Enterprise, anyone?).
I was like that last year. Had my big trip at the end of February for Galaxies Edge planned out for a year and a half. 2 weeks before hand it was announce Micky and Minnie's would open the day after I left... I was so ticked but by then too late to change. It was still a great trip though.It effin' figures! Our trip is 24Apr-1May. I feel like the dude that decides to wash his car in a 10 year drought and the next day a hurricane hits.
Hiring now -
Executive Pastry Chef, Space 220Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA Job ID: 540826
Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is searching for an experienced and talented Executive Pastry Chef to join our team at Space 220 in Orlando, Florida. In this role, you will contribute to the launch and continued success of Space 220 Restaurant. Our ideal Executive Pastry Chef has an exceptional knowledge of food and is dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests.
- Oversee the daily production of the pastry and dessert program.
- Maintain the pastry and dessert menu, utilizing all products and food ingredients with a sense of artistic talent.
- Assist in recipe development, portion specifications, and establish standard preparation procedures for all assigned dishes.
- Hire, train, and monitor the pastry team; continuously motivate and support employees; conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline individuals as necessary.
- Lead, cook, bake, and create by example while working cohesively as a part of a team with minimal supervision to complete all necessary kitchen and administrative tasks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and participate in the correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended and ensure associates follow suit.
- Regularly inspect units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance. Ensure that all protocols are in line with health department standards.
- Be willing to gain knowledge of and maintain company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control, and hiring, counseling, termination policies.
- Acknowledge and comply with all company policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Pastry Chef with supervisory responsibilities in a restaurant, hotel, or catering company with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Has passion for pastry and culinary excellence and is eager to improve their skills and share their craft with team and guests.
- Knowledgable of best practices for monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development, costing, ordering, and inventory procedures.
- Ability to multitask and remain in control in a high volume, fast-paced, demanding environment, while maintaining your sense of humor.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, taking things in stride and executing with poise.
- Professional, polished appearance with the ability to interact with all types of team members.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and train others.
- Ability to follow and write bulk recipes for production and service.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.Apply for Executive Pastry Chef, Space 220 job with Delaware North in Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA. Culinary at Delaware Northcareers.delawarenorth.com
Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.