Spa question?

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
Rasul / SURIAL RITUAL CHAMBER. How much is it? Is it worth it? And anyone ever done it and have any thing to say about it? Thinking about doing this with my wife next Feb.

ChuckElias

I'm looking at the online "activities" list for the spa, and I don't see the item that you're asking about. The only "ritual" listed is the Absolute Spa Ritual, which is $249 per adult for 100 minutes.

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
I heard about it on a different board. Thought I would ask @Disneyfalcon or @sweetpee_1993 . They both seem to know an awful lot about the Disney Ships. It was only like 80 dollars a few years ago and I am not vary rich so it seemed like something that was affordable and looked like fun.

Disneyfalcon

I heard about it on a different board. Thought I would ask @Disneyfalcon or @sweetpee_1993 . They both seem to know an awful lot about the Disney Ships. It was only like 80 dollars a few years ago and I am not vary rich so it seemed like something that was affordable and looked like fun.

Hi Wall-e! I don't believe they offer it on the new ships, but it's still on the Magic and Wonder as far as I know. It's $89 and I've always heard really good things about it! :)

sweetpee_1993

This was current as of 1 week ago:

spamenu.jpg

I've never done this service. In fact, I've never done anything in the spa on the Magic. I've had some services done on the Dream: a fire & ice pedicure (nightmare!), a couples massage (I've had far better massages on land for far less $$), and I had my hair dried and straightened (actually quite a pleasant experience albeit pricey). I'm not the biggest fan of spa services onboard ships because unless you tell them in plain English up-front that you do NOT want a sales pitch they will pour on the pressure to buy their overpriced products and everything from the services thru the products are waaaaay overpriced for what they are. I'd rather do the maintenance stuff like nails, etc. before I cruise anyway. The massage, eh, if it'd been a good one I may not feel so jaded but for that kind of money I would've expected a lot better service. Ya know? I'm the type of girl that if I'm dropping the big bucks I want to know with absolute certainty that I'm going to get my money's worth. If I've had a pretty lack-luster massage for more than double what I'd pay anywhere else I'm not likely to go all-out for "hopefully it will be better next time". That's just me, tho. :cool:

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
Thank you for all your help. My wife and I have never done any spa stuff before so we thought we would give it a try. But if we can get a better service on land for half the price we might as well try it here first. Thank you again.
@sweetpee_1993 @Disneyfalcon

sweetpee_1993

Thank you for all your help. My wife and I have never done any spa stuff before so we thought we would give it a try. But if we can get a better service on land for half the price we might as well try it here first. Thank you again.
@sweetpee_1993 @Disneyfalcon

Plenty of people have awesome spa experiences on the ships or they wouldn't have the spas there. If you've never had a spa service before I'd definitely try it on-land first just to be sure it's something you're going to dig. When the hubby and I had our massage on the Dream together it was a very different experience for each of us. He had never had a massage before and thought it was incredible. I had had plenty of massages before and thought it wasn't very good. We had different masseuses, too. One thing that threw me was that before starting they always ask you what your problem areas are or if you need more focus on certain parts. Well, I told the girl who was doing my massage my usual: I carry my tension in my neck & shoulders then prefer more focus on my hands & feet to anything else. She barely did anything with my neck, shoulders, hands, or feet. Left me feeling like she asked the question but didn't listen to what I said. The hubby having never had a massage had no clue what to say when asked the same question. He just told the girl he was a noob so whatever. He thought he'd died and gone to heaven. 2 people in the same room at the same time with very different experiences. Interesting. Again, if it's something you've never done before it's certainly worth trying. Oh! Maybe if you could set up a massage at home just before you leave! That could set the tone beautifully!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom