Southwest Airlines/other airlines and ME

Heatherbell

Hello all!
I am flying down to Disney in September. I got a great deal on Southwest Airlines however I noticed that it isn't one of the airlines that cooperates with the Magic Express. My question is, what happens now? I am assuming that I would be in charge of my own luggage (which is fine) but am I still able to take the Magical Express bus from the airport to hotel?

Just curious if anyone out there has had a similar experience and did the same thing. Thanks!

vilegirl

I just got back from a trip flying Southwest and using ME. It was great. ME will handle your luggage from the airport to the resort. The only thing you won't be able to do is check in for your flight at the ME desk at your resort since Southwest isn't one of the partipating airlines. You can either check in online at a business center at one of the resorts, with conceirge if you're staying conceirge or at the airport. ME got me to the airport in plenty of time to check in at the airport. I had an early flight and therefore couldn't check-in any other way.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

now i don't know if ME is doing anything different , but we checked in at their counter and we flown on southwest as well....maybe things changed a little since may...but i do believe we did all our check in things at the ME counter..

Upvote 0

noname70

If you do take a "participating" airline (Delta) and get your boarding passes at the ME counter at the resort-what happens to your bags? Does ME take them directly to the airline at the airport or do you still have to check them w/a skycap or airline person?

Upvote 0

MareSINY

vilegirl said:
I just got back from a trip flying Southwest and using ME. It was great. ME will handle your luggage from the airport to the resort. The only thing you won't be able to do is check in for your flight at the ME desk at your resort since Southwest isn't one of the partipating airlines. You can either check in online at a business center at one of the resorts, with conceirge if you're staying conceirge or at the airport. ME got me to the airport in plenty of time to check in at the airport. I had an early flight and therefore couldn't check-in any other way.

When you say that they will handle your luggage from the airport to the resort, does that mean they'll pick up the luggage at the baggage carousel? This is the part I'm confused about, do we pick up our own luggage and take it to the ME check in, or do we just take ourselves to the ME check in and they'll get our luggage?

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Original Poster
ok, when I get off the plane at Orlando Airport I just go and get on the ME bus, I do not have to wait for my luggage at the carousel?

Upvote 0

lewisc

Participating airlines allow you to check your luggage in your resort.

SW is not expected to be participating in the resort checkin part of ME anytime soon.

Upvote 0

scottnearsmf

Checking in on Southwest

The main things to remember about Southwest is that you
and your 136 friends (if full) will on be able to start checking
in (which determines your boarding group) 24 hours before you
flight. So if your going home flight leaves at 2:15 PM on Sunday,
the checking in process begins at 2:15 PM on Saturday. Also, if you
are not near a printer (ie you are on a ride at WDW for example) you
can lock down your letter and then some time later print your passes.
Another thing, if you are away from a computer but you have a cell phone
with Web capability, use mobile.southwest.com to check in and grab your letter. However this helps further.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thank you! I really appreciate everyone's help!
I think you were confusing Magic Express with Resort Check-In. All airlines participate in ME if they fly into MCO. You'll get specail tags to mark your luggage and it will be delivered right to your room a few hours after you arrive on the ME bus. Resort Check-in is a service that allows you to check in with your return flight, sort of like a skycap service at your resort. Only certain airlines participate in this, and Southwest is not one of them.

(You may however have your boarding pass for southwest printed up 24 hours before your departure time by asking any CM at your resort to print it out for you.)

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

This is a post from 2 yrs ago, think she had gotten it all figured out by the time she went on her trip :)

Easiest thing to do if you have no computer access is call a friend of family member to check you in, then print the passes at the airport once you get there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom