South Park takes on scooters at Disney :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

FettFan

Original Poster
I really loved the James Cameron parts too...

Watching that last night makes me think that maybe one of the writers must hang out here at WDWmagic too!

Trey Parker is a huge Disney buff actually. :p

Plus the design of the "Super Adventure Club" in the Return of Chef episode was based on the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island and the Cartmanland episode has Cartman complaining about FastPass, then riding a haunted attraction in a set of very familiar "buggies". :p

One particularly disturbing example was an episode where Cartman goes to juvie, and his cellmate plans on busting out to go to Disneyland. At the end of the episode, Cartman surprises him by...smuggling Pirates of the Caribbean in. The whole ride.

Anally.

PhilharMagician

Reminds me of when Whoopi Goldberg was crossing from American Gardens Theater to the walkway behing The American Adventure after her Candlelight Processional performance back in 2010 and was nearly hit by a scooter. A few days later she was back at The View and apparently blasted overwight people riding scooters with food hanging out of the basket and running people over saying they should get up and walk and not be lazy. Of course the next day she came out and apologized. :oops:

NewfieFan

Can't see the video (grrrrr, Canada). I don't watch South Park anymore but I can just imagine...

Bob Saget

I laughed 'til it hurt. One of my favorite episodes for sure.

I don't even know that much about the real Honey Boo Boo (other than I'm sick of people referring to others as that name just to be cute). But I'm sure South Park's representation of the show wasn't too far off. The Disneyland segment was pure brilliance! (And sadly too realistic). Michelle Obama beating up Cartman, the Randy Newman song spoof...loved every bit of that episode!

The bar has truely risen. James Cameron be praised!

janoimagine

Reminds me of when Whoopi Goldberg was crossing from American Gardens Theater to the walkway behing The American Adventure after her Candlelight Processional performance back in 2010 and was nearly hit by a scooter. A few days later she was back at The View and apparently blasted overwight people riding scooters with food hanging out of the basket and running people over saying they should get up and walk and not be lazy. Of course the next day she came out and apologized. :oops:

Unfortunate that she had to apologize for what was essentially the blunt truth.

luv

That's because fat people are a protected class. How dare you insult people that take in more calories than they burn.....1% of them could have a "glandular" problem....
The truth for some, not all. We as a society cannot say the truth because someones feelings may be hurt.
People with all that extra fat and the ones who don't have an adequate supply of it - they obviously have problems...medical, emotional, whatever. Why would anyone want to insult someone who already has problems? Or, really, insult anyone at all.

Why do you want to insult people? What do you gain from that?

psukardi

People with all that extra fat and the ones who don't have an adequate supply of it - they obviously have problems...medical, emotional, whatever. Why would anyone want to insult someone who already has problems? Or, really, insult anyone at all.

Why do you want to insult people? What do you gain from that?

There is a difference between insulting people and pointing out a cold hard truth. It's a plague on society and will be the downfall of many. It causes health insurance premiums to go up and makes things uncomfortable for the rest of us.

You can only be on so many cross country flights next to a guy tipping 3 bills on the scale that has his fat spilling over you before you lose your patience. Not being able to put the arm rest down because the guy just takes up all the space.....

I'm tired of making excuses for LAZY people. It's not an insult - it's pointing out an obvious issue. You know why people point it out? Because it needs to be said ....people don't want to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Nutrition isn't complicated. If you take in more calories than you burn you have an excess and you will gain weight. Don't want to be fat - try exercise. Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Try skipping desert.

Being fat is a personal choice for the majority of the people. Whether it be laziness or flat out apathy it's something that's just annoying to the rest of America.

luv

There is a difference between insulting people and pointing out a cold hard truth. It's a plague on society and will be the downfall of many. It causes health insurance premiums to go up and makes things uncomfortable for the rest of us.

You can only be on so many cross country flights next to a guy tipping 3 bills on the scale that has his fat spilling over you before you lose your patience. Not being able to put the arm rest down because the guy just takes up all the space.....

I'm tired of making excuses for LAZY people. It's not an insult - it's pointing out an obvious issue. You know why people point it out? Because it needs to be said ....people don't want to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Nutrition isn't complicated. If you take in more calories than you burn you have an excess and you will gain weight. Don't want to be fat - try exercise. Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Try skipping desert.

Being fat is a personal choice for the majority of the people. Whether it be laziness or flat out apathy it's something that's just annoying to the rest of America.
First you want to insult them, then you don't.

I don't sit coach and do not have the problem of being too cramped on the plane. I thought there was a rule about having to put the armrests down. I've heard people complaining about that issue before. I do agree that if people can't fit into a seat, they should buy two. It isn't fair to take up someone else's space.

I am part of America and don't feel annoyed or angry by other people's weight. If anything, I feel badly for them. Honestly.

If you want to go around insulting fat people, you can. I still don't know what you feel you will gain, though.

janoimagine

Sadly I have been caught in this position way more times than I had liked, so I ended up dropping down the cash and time to get a Delta Reserve Card and worked my way up to Diamond. Until recently it had been a while since I had ever been in that awkward position, but on a trip back from Oklahoma City for a shoot, I had gotten my upgrade to first class, when I got to my seat, the guy seated next to me was pushing 350lbs, OK no big deal, its only a 2 hour flight. Before we took off, the guy had downed 3 jack and cokes, when the stuardess brought by the snack basket the guy took 2 handfulls of snickers, twix bars and doritos. He then continued to down another 4 jack and cokes before the stuardess told him they had ran out of alcohol, so what does he do, asks for more sweets and continues to drink another 2 cans of coke.

People think you are cruel or inensitive on these boards when you have a negative opinion on those who are obese or run you down with a scooter ... I understand you get the person who is overweight because of a hormonal imbalance or thyroid condition or whatever, but in my experience 97% of those people who are over weight are simply because they are to lazy to do anything about it, and sorry people but those are the ones you should be upset with because they are the ones that have amplified the stereotype.

sacrosby

Just returned from WDW last week, had the inevitable 'scooter issues'. As a South Park fan, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Lol!

The Empress Lilly

But is it a personal choice?

I think it is largely owing to societal choices, in particular the reluctancy of America's electorate to protect itself from rubbish food. I can not think of another developed country with worse food - unhealthy, fat, gross. The problem is not that people eat too much unhealthy food, but that their food is too unhealthy. You have to be rich, well educated, or very determined to find decent food in America.

If I holiday in America, I gain a kilo a week. If I holiday in France, I drop a kilo a week. :confused:

There are no scooters in Disneyland Paris.

(Yes, sorry, the subject is South Park. But what would teh interwebs be without threads derailing into political rants!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom