South Meets West: Our First Trip to Disneyland

SirGoofy

Great photos and great report. I need to get out to DL.

Oh, and before I forget, you have the GREATEST avatar of all time! YAY TMNT!:sohappy:

popsicletrees

Original Poster
We left DCA and crossed over to DL. It was time for lunch, and we grabbed a meal at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante. The food was delicious! From there we headed back over to Tomorrowland and rode the Finding Nemo Submarines (very well done), Buzz Lightyear, and Star Tours.

PC310234.jpg

PC310235.jpg

PC310236.jpg

From there we all headed to Toontown. Victor rode his first roller coaster, Gadget's Go Coaster, with his parents, while mom and I went on Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, only we kept the spinning to a minimum.

PC310237.jpg

PC310238.jpg

PC310239.jpg

After the ride, mom and I took Victor into Mickey's House.

PC310240.jpg

Amanda, John, and I wanted to get one last ride on the Matterhorn before we left. Victor was surprisingly tall enough to ride the Matterhorn, but at 2 we thought it was best that he didn't. Mom took him over to ride Autopia, while the rest waited in line.

PC310241.jpg

popsicletrees

Original Poster
We waited in line for about 45 minutes for the Matterhorn. As the day progressed the parks got more and more crowded. It seemed to be local teenagers. I will say I really enjoyed the Matterhorn. I think it has stood the test of time well enough, and everytime I rode it I thought there might be a possibility that I was going to die.

John wanted to take Victor on Autopia since Victor loves cars so much. So, John took him for another ride, while Amanda, mom, and I went through Innoventions.

PC310242.jpg

I got a great shot of SM while we were waiting to go inside.

PC310243.jpg

We only went through the Dream Home at Innoventions. It was neat. I liked the decorations, and they had working Microsoft coffee tables. Of course, the one we went to kept freezing up.

PC310245.jpg

PC310246.jpg

PC310247.jpg

PC310248.jpg

Amanda, John, and I headed over to Indiana Jones for one last ride.

PC310249.jpg

Amanda and John left immediately after because they had reservations for dinner in DCA. Mom and I took Victor down Main Street to do some shopping. I wanted to get a picture of the castle at night with the lights on, but the process of taking down Christmas decorations started the night before. We were hoping that the castle lights would still be up. Well, they were, but only one spire of the castle was lit. So, sadly we did not get a picture of the castle. Victor had had it by that point. He was out before we even left the park. We took him back to the room, and his parents came to get him after their dinner reservations.

We woke up the next morning and took a bus back to John Wayne airport. Amanda, John, and Victor had an earlier flight than we did and were already gone by the time we reached the airport. As we were at our gate waiting to board our flight, they announced that our flight was cancelled due to a malfunction with the black box. We had to go get our luggage, which was a nightmare, and schedule a new flight. Luckily, our luggage was among the first to arrive, and we quickly got in line to jump on the next plane to Dallas. We had another hour and a half wait. Our plane was packed, but fortunately mom's seat was in front of mine. We had another 2 hours to kill once we arrived. The next flight arrived on time, but after we boarded the pilot announced that when the engine started there was a malfunction to where the engine would run but no air was going back to the cabin. At this point I looked at mom and told her that I was never flying with her again. Well, it only took about 15 minutes before the problem was fixed, and we had a smooth flight back to Nashville.

We had a wonderful time at DL. To all of you who are thinking about going, go. It was well worth it.

That concludes my trip report. Thanks to all of you who read! I hope everyone enjoyed!

TakeMeThere81

Cool trip report!! I'm a native Oregonian, so I was thrilled to see my first Disney Park again! I want to go back again soon.

I had no idea Small World gets quite so decked out, you took some pretty pics!

Space Mountain there is much better than WDW, that's probably because it underwent a huge refurb(much like WDW is getting ready to) back in 2003

I love Indy!! It is awesme, one of my all time faves!

New Orleans Square looked beautiful! I miss that part of DL

I heard California Adventure is undergoing major refurbishments. Was there a lot more too see like the water being drained that looked like work going on?

Aladdin show is awesome!! So far one of our favorite Disney stage-shows.

I also agree about the Main Street Electrical Parade. I first saw it when I was only a very small child. When I saw it again it was truly magical. I hope they never replace it.

Glad you had a great time! I enjoyed your trip report.

popsicletrees

Original Poster
Cool trip report!! I'm a native Oregonian, so I was thrilled to see my first Disney Park again! I want to go back again soon.

I had no idea Small World gets quite so decked out, you took some pretty pics!

Space Mountain there is much better than WDW, that's probably because it underwent a huge refurb(much like WDW is getting ready to) back in 2003

I love Indy!! It is awesme, one of my all time faves!

New Orleans Square looked beautiful! I miss that part of DL

I heard California Adventure is undergoing major refurbishments. Was there a lot more too see like the water being drained that looked like work going on?

Aladdin show is awesome!! So far one of our favorite Disney stage-shows.

I also agree about the Main Street Electrical Parade. I first saw it when I was only a very small child. When I saw it again it was truly magical. I hope they never replace it.

Glad you had a great time! I enjoyed your trip report.

Thank you! The only work being done that I remember seeing at DCA was in Paradise Pier. The water was drained and the sun sphere was being worked on. A lot of the food stands were also closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom