South Jersey Disney Fans

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
South Jersey Disney fans:

I'm in Mount Laurel, and I was hoping to get to know some Disney fans in my area. If you're in the South Jersey area, post a little note about yourself. Maybe we can get to know each other and get together sometime.

My name is Gary, I'm 37 years old, and I have a nine year old son named Ryan. My wife's name is Linda. Our web site is: www.visithoover.com There are some photos from our December trip.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Thanks Al, I'll have to post on that thread. Just because you're not from South Jersey doesn't mean you can't be a South Jerseyian at heart!

DStetter

Just wanted to say hello. I usually only read but figured I'd say hello. I live in Monmouth County NJ in a small beach town called Neptune. My girlfriend and I try to visit Disney at least 1-2 times a year. We should be heading back down to Disney around June.

Welcome to the board.

Dennis

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
It's great to hear from everybody!

Dennis, you'll have to let us know about your trip when you go (June's not very far away).

Jwinch, New Jersey's not a big state and Franklin's not too far away. I probably shouldn't have limited it to South Jersey when I posted.

Bamboo7, Medford's right around the corner from me. I often take motorcycle rides in Medford. I took my son into the Pine Barrens a little while back, but he was afraid of the "Jersey Devil", so we didn't get much of a chance to explore.

If anyone knows of any local places or activities that other Jersey Disney fans might be interested in, let us know.

Thanks everyone!

Gary

:sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Mr. Toad,

Do you know Dennis? I didn't think Neptune was very big.

I usually go to Disney World at the beginning of December. The weather is cool, the crowds are light and the prices are low and the Christmas decorations are up. It looks like most people go in the summer. Does anyone else go in December?

Gary

Mr. Toad

Gary,

No, I don't know Dennis.

As far as when we go to WDW it varies. Most of the time it has been in the summer but this year it will be early May. I've been there in September. And in 1986 we went there in late December for our honeymoon. It was very nice but way too crowded. I want to try early December sometime.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
May! Allright!!

You must be excited. You'll have to let us know what you see. My wife and I are going to Aruba in early May. I've never been there before. It looks really nice.

Dennis: if you're out there you should post again and tell us a little more about yourself. You and Mr. Toad might be neighbors.

Gary

Mr. Toad

I absolutely can not wait to get to Disney. And we are staying at AKL which I am really excited about. I really wish we were staying longer (only staying for 4 nights) but I will take what I can get.

Enjoy Aruba. I know some people that went there and they loved it.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Disney4me99,

Welcome!

Mr. Toad,

You have to tell us about AKL when you get back. I've been thinking about trying it but haven't made any reservations yet. My son likes the All Stars, but he's getting old enough that he might really enjoy AKL.

I know what you mean about not having enough time. Last year my wife decided she was sick of going every year, so we took a family cruise instead.

After first planning to skip a year, I thought "Gee, I could take three days off from work, load some clothes for Ryan and I, drive down Saturday and drive back Wednesday."

After having that trip planned for a while, I couldn't resist taking Thursday and Friday off also and ended up going Saturday to Saturday.

It was a lot of fun, we did "guy" things like burping and making (9 year old appropriate) rude jokes. I think the drive was the best part. We had more time to just talk about things than we ever had before.

Gary

Mr. Toad

I plan on posting a trip report (or multiple ones) when I get back. I will definately let you know what I think of AKL. If I am really on the ball I will set up a website for my pictures.

I would love to extend the trip but unfortunately my wife has to work before we leave and I have to be back at work the after we get back so there is no room to play with.

Oh well, maybe I can get a second trip in later in the year.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Sounds good. We'll be looking forward to it. I may be able to help if you have any problems getting your web-site going. (I'm no expert, but if you have a question like "gee, how do I turn this thing on?" I might be able to give you a hand.)

Is anyone else out there? Let us know about your favorite park or favorite ride or best trip or special strategy for avoiding lines or your favorite place to eat or your most memorable moment etc. Since this is a more intimate group, your story doesn't need to be as entertaining as it would be for the big board. Just let us know a little bit about you.

Last year I was in the restroom near the Star Tours at MGM, and a guy came in to clean up the bathroom. He was singing fifties songs with an amazing, powerful voice and I remember thinking that was one of the things that makes the experience so enjoyable. Here was a guy with one of the worst jobs in the park, but he made the most of it and made the people around him a little happier. I hope he go "discovered".

Gary

Tramp

Originally posted by OldKeyWest24
south jersey here and a major disney fan!

Susan

SuzieQ
...I went to school in Jersey and I still feel the same way today as I did a quarter century ago.....New Jersey is too long.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom