Sounds Dangerous

Thiger

I'll admit that I slag this attraction at all possible times, why?

-as already stated: very unclean. I skin was crawling wearing headphones that were still warm....ewww

-sitting in the dark for 7-9 minutes listening to DC drop things is not cool. It would've been kinda neat if the sounds were actually pleasing to listen to and get the imagination going, but no, DC dropping things.

-the seats get uncomfortable and the room isn't lit up to show you how to exit early. I wanted to leave a few mins in but was afraid i'd break my ankle walking past others.

-feels like an afterthought attraction and more effort was put into the Narnia exhibits

Personally MGM could have another 4D movie in here quite easily or put some kind of attraction based on 'Lost'...anything would be better

PeoplemoverTTA

Personally MGM could have another 4D movie in here quite easily or put some kind of attraction based on 'Lost'...anything would be better

A "Lost" attraction could be very cool....and since it seems they're trying to be more "relevant" with DHS (i.e American Idol), it could really fit nicely into a "studios" theme park.

Thiger

Monster Sound? Missed that one, was it cool?

I concur though, a 4-d movie of Lost would be really fun

or anyone remember the Star Trek Adventure where you filmed a little Star Trek film? That would be great fun!

peachypear14

Sounds Dangerous is really boring, but is a great opportunity for a power nap on a hot day. Just don't put on the headphones (do they ever clean those things anyway?!) and relax for a few minutes in the dark!

As for something LOST themed, I love the idea! Monster, polar bears, purple sky! The problem comes with attracting people who don't watch the show.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well let's be greatful it will go dark from 7/7 - 8/5/08. I assume it's for TAIE exterior package and "hopefully" Sounds Dangerously Boring can become an EXIT.

darthjohnny

Monster Sound? Missed that one, was it cool?

Monster Sound show was cool.

It had a lot more activity going on compared with Sounds Dangerous.

It featured a film starring Martin Short as an Igor-like character and Chevy Chase, who I believe was like a traveling salesman.

It also featured audience member participation. Instead of just listening to sounds, the people chosen would actually create the sounds using various items, like it was real Folley stage used for making movies. The first time around, you would watch a playback with no sound effects. Then the second time around, they played it and the host would help direct when the sounds would be played. He/she would run back and forth trying to give cues to the sounds (they would always purposely be a little off so when the film was played back for a third time, the sounds would be off and it would sound as if they did a terrible job. :)) Also at the end, the entire audience would yell "Look out!" causing an alternate ending to the original playback you first saw and helping the Chevy Chase character avoid disater.

It was later succeeded by a similar version featuring the characters of the 101 Dalmatians animated series from Disney's One Saturday Morning on ABC.

Then all the sound effect items and participation was taken out in exchange for Sounds Dangerous.

Daneault

AEfx

I don't go because putting on headphones that have been on hundreds/thousands of other people's heads earlier that day icks me out.

;)

AEfx

DizneyPryncess

I didn't dislike it. It's just not a favorite attraction of mine. I think Drew Carey is pretty funny in general, and the attraction was interesting the first time I did it. I just didn't think it was unique enough to do it again. There's just certain things you don't prioritize doing when you're in WDW, and I think most people don't see it as a "must do".

Just something random - I noticed that it's going into refurbishment for the month of July. Maybe they'll make some better changes to it? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom