Sounds Dangerous

jonnyc

Original Poster
Okay, i'm relatively new to the boards but noticed a lot of hate towards Sounds Dangerous.

Admittedly i haven't been on this ride since I was 9, as we never seem to have a chance to do it. But we have vowed to do it this time.

Anywho, my points for discussion are:

What specificlly do you like/dislike about SD?
Do you dislike it so much, that if it were closed, and nothing new built on the remaining space, you would be happy?
What would you replace it with?

I am sure there has been much discussion about this in the past, but not since i've been a member, so enlighten me :).

DisneyJoe

We love it, when we do it, but the major criticism seems to be that you go into a room and sit in the dark for 7-9 minutes with headphones on.....thats pretty much it, with a little bit of pre- and post- show on a screen...

pacochran

We did it this past year just to see what it was like, even after hearing the bad things about it and didn't like it. To us it was boring. Not much activity you just sit there in the dark and listen to what is going on. I think that if it was more into the 4D experience with other things happening like smelling something or getting sprayed it might make it a little more exiting. Just listening was boring.

haveyoumetmark

It's just a really dumb experience. Anyone can do this at home and not wear headphones that have been worn by millions of other people. The Bose Store here in Tampa has a better show than that, and it's just a free little show trying to showcase and sell some Bopse products. It's such a waste of space that I would almost rather see a giftshop there.

It's a boring attraction. Id much rather see nothing there than walk by and see it. Kids dont even know who Drew Carey is.

I feel like this ties in with the how to make DHS a full day park, tear down attractions that are pointless.

You say you havent been on it since you were 9 but you enjoyed it... Than why havent you watched/listened to it since?

imamouse

I am amazed that this attraction is still open. Our family sat through it once in Sept 1999 (which was more than enough). We were shocked at how boring and unimaginative this "attraction " was - what a snooze fest!

Boray

I don't mind the "idea" of Sounds Dangerous, however, I'm not turned on by the unclean nature of the whole thing. I don't want to wear headphones that some sweaty person just wore before me. (I guess the same arguement could be made for the sweaty seat someone just sat in before me...) but the headphones are on my head, next to my face. I'm kinda particular about what goes near my face...

The story is sorta interesting, but it's not an attraction that I want to see, it's more the "this room is air conditioned, I'm hot and I could use a little nap or rest time." I also find that when I come out, I'm really sleepy...

Bottom line, it's been there forever, looks and sounds dated and it's time for something new. I don't think everyone on the boards hates it, it's just that it doesn't meet the standards of the more recent attraction additions. By this I don't mean big and expensive but rather clever and up-to-date.

jonnyc

Original Poster
You say you havent been on it since you were 9 but you enjoyed it... Than why havent you watched/listened to it since?

I didn't actually say i enjoyed it or disliked it, as i can't really remeber it.

It was more a time issue that we haven't done it since, as much of our time in MGM is spent riding Tower of Terror many times :).

wdwfan4eva

I admit that I first liked this show when it originally debuted. After years of abuse, it's just not worth going to it. The last time I went, which has to be 4 years ago, everything was broken. Seats were broken, worn and torn. Headsets weren't working and the water spraying didn't work. This is definitely a show that needs a major overhaul or replacement.

bgraham34

I actually enjoy the attraction. Im a Drew fan anways. What I like about it is that its relaxing inside the theatre and you can call off. I get a kick out of the haircut scene.

Goofnut1980

It's just a really dumb experience. Anyone can do this at home and not wear headphones that have been worn by millions of other people. The Bose Store here in Tampa has a better show than that, and it's just a free little show trying to showcase and sell some Bopse products. It's such a waste of space that I would almost rather see a giftshop there.

I agree with you! I wouldn't let those headphones near my head... haven't you people heard of lice!!!
yea.. a gift shop... they could use one over there too... I don't think they have one for at least about 75 feet in that area of the part... hahaha ::p

cblodg

We did this attraction in the late '90s (can't remember it's been so long now) and we hated it! Thought is was a huge waste of time and space. We haven't done it sense, never even thought of doing it, and whenever we go by it there is NEVER a line to get in.

Disney got rid of Mr. Toad, in my opinion, for no reason. This attraction has long outlasted it's usefulness.

PeoplemoverTTA

We love it, when we do it, but the major criticism seems to be that you go into a room and sit in the dark for 7-9 minutes with headphones on.....thats pretty much it, with a little bit of pre- and post- show on a screen...

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in DL is similar in the use of headphones and some darkness; however, I love GM, and I can't stand SD. I even like Drew Carey. Yet...I can't put my finger on why I can't stand SD. Oh well :shrug:

KingStefan

I kinda liked it, but that was several years ago, and if it's beat up now, I probably would be disappointed. However, every attraction doesn't have to be a real thriller. This one is more subtle, more cerebral, and gets you to use your imagination. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I liked it when it was new.

And of course, if you have no imagination, then you'll certainly not enjoy this attraction.:lol:

Frank&Ollie

Sounds Dangers was really fun 5 years ago. Technology has passed it by, my Computer speakers at home have more impressive separation than Sounds Dangers.

I like the idea, a nice and cool relaxing time in a building for 10 minutes. Last time I was in there it poored down rain as I was entering and the rain past by the time I left, so i'd say it was worth it :ROFLOL:

Update the idea...update the technology

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom