Sorcerer's Hat v. Grauman's Chinese Theatre Face-off

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I thought this picture pretty well exemplifies the constant debate around here between fans of one Studios icon versus the other:

Click the image to see a larger version and/or to read my "take" on the debate (via allegory).

Evil Genius

I'm of two seperate minds about this.

On one hand when I first enter DHS I want to look down the Blvd and see Grauman's...I think the attraction exemplifies the park and the Sorcerer Hat just seems to stick out like a sore thumb.

However I don't think the icon or weenie of DHS shoudld be Grauman's. I think it needs to be something more unique than the theatre, the Hat, or the Earful Tower for that matter. I don't know what it should be personally, but I think all three of the above have failed at truly representing the park.

C&D

Yep, cool photo.

I have no trouble with the 'Hat' but I do lament that it is blocking the theartre; the Chineese Theatre screams, 'Theme of the Park'.

Mickey_777

They should just put a smaller version of the hat in that area so you can still "mostly" see the theatre...either the small hat or some type of statue of Fantasia Mickey wearing the blue hat.

Mouse Man

Sorry guys but I actually love the Hat. I have seen it both ways and I just prefer the hat. It has become an Icon of the park. I asked a few family members this question and a few friends that visited as well and the answer was to leave the hat where it is. I know others do not like or want the hat there, but this all comes downs to a personal preference thing.

cslafferty

I love The Sorcerer's Apprentice - it's one of my favorite Mickey pieces. So naturally, I love the hat. I'm not sure that's the right place for it, tho. With the "Hollywood" theme of the park, I think you should look down the street and see the theatre. I would like to see the hat relocated, not removed. Maybe somewhere by the park entrance???

Call me crazy, but I also liked the magic wand on SSE! Looks naked without it!! :hammer:

jlmct52

LOL

I don't necessarily disagree with this and I'm not defending the hat at all... but to me it's biggest flaw is it's location.

I agree......I think a different location should have been found for the hat. I always enjoyed the sight of the theater when looking down the street. Plus, it just looks strange withn the hat sitting there.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I suppose I don't mind the hat, but in the same vein moving it out to the front of the gate could possibly have the same iconic effect. Then it could potentially be decorated (or perhaps moved) for the holiday season, giving DHS some design options for that time of year.....

harveyt0206

I guess I'm so use to the hat at this point that it really doesn't bother me. I never really considered the theatre to be the icon of the park, although I do love it's look and think it fits the theme of the area really well.

Amazing picture though.

Wdwfreak62

Awful location for the hat, but it also serves no purpose which bothers me, yeah its a pin store, but its not like it is a HUGE store or something else, its just average.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom