Soooo many things I miss about Disney BUT here is my top 3 I miss the most

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Just curious but what was so special about River Country? I can't remember if we ever went but it doesn't seem nearly as great as the others except maybe not as crowded.
Well it was so unique..old fashion water hole..think was country first water park...themed so awsum...you could swing into the water, old flume..huge pool you could actually dive into..just verry verry family orientated.

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Horizons. It was my favourite ride as a child, and I still remember the magic of it vividly.
Jeremy Irons and his monologue in Spaceship Earth -- the script was SO much better than tripe in the current ride. It angers me to hear "the World-Wide-Web" and all that crap... I just don't want Epcot to be dumbed down and that's what it feels like SE is doing, to attract a larger audience, maybe? It's frustrating to have knowledge de-valued. And not, of course, to say that the Internet isn't a fount of knowlege -- but just that I think SE is now "trendy" and before, it valued history and did not try to be "cool".
Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain and other beloved rides not working properly. The lack of maintenance and upkeep and the LOVE going into the rides and the 'show' is what I miss the most when it comes to the current WDW. There is a lack of Walt in the proceedings and a lack of remembering what meant most to Walt that I feel keenly when I visit Florida's parks.
Jeremy Irons was good but Walter Cronkites version unparralled!

Vader2112

Ok I have to be this guy:

King Louie on JC
A Working Yeti
Adventurers Club..

Seriously:
Innovations when it was well...innovative
Horizons Great attraction/ride
Main Street having unique memorable shops.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. The pirates chasing the wenches
3. Michael Iceberg
Honorable mention: original Imagination, If you had Wings, powdered hand soap (pre-anthrax scare), Swan Boats

ddrongowski

1. Disney themed 99.999 1 oz. silver rounds.
2. Disney Watch Works store at DHS.
3. Park entrances that don't have security check points.

Last edited:

rob0519

1). Lower attendance in some "off" months. (this would take care of at least three MORE things)
2). The old Main Street with different stores and a real bakery, not one long Emporium
3). The Contemporary Resort Tennis Club. Who needs Bay Lake Tower anyway?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
#1 - The Adventurer's Club - the rest of PI can shove-it

#2 - The original Imagination w/Dreamfinder

#3 - River Country/Discovery Island

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
1. This might sound silly, but I really miss being able to get McDonald's fries in Frontierland. Even though you can get McDonald's anywhere, they were just way better in Disney and it was one of my favorite Disney snacks growing up.
2. Epcot/Mickey hand/wand attached to spaceship earth.
3. Spectromagic.

taz0162

1. Mr. Toads Wild Ride
  2. River Country and Discovery Island (since we would usually do them back to back or ha I chose 4)
  3. A Hatless MGM Studios that felt more like an actual movie studio then it does now.

dixiegirl

God I love all of these and miss all of these too!!
1. for me is definatly seeing the characters walk around MK..to me it had more of a magical feel to it than standing in a line,
2. attendance actually being lower in the "off seasons" , now it seems every season is pretty busy..I guess its all on how you time it...
3. Quality of the merchandise sold in the parks...Now I have absolutly no problems about spending $35 for a shirt at disney, if it lasts....I have shirts from the early 90"s that have lasted better than some recent ones I bought just last yr!! Plush animals them too, my oldest daughter has a Mickey who has been through the wash too many times to count , been to disney probaby as much as my daughter , who will be 13 yrs old..
and still look s pretty good, my youngest's mickey, yeah not quite so hot, lol...Lack of certain things , hardly any snowglobes , resort merchandise as well...I gotta stop cause I could go on and on...
Great thread BTW!!!

dixiegirl

Well it was so unique..old fashion water hole..think was country first water park...themed so awsum...you could swing into the water, old flume..huge pool you could actually dive into..just verry verry family orientated.
Also very cool to see goofy go down a water slide!! Yeah that was a pretty cool place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom