Soooo many things I miss about Disney BUT here is my top 3 I miss the most

KCheatle

(1) RIVER COUNTRY! Such an awesome place! Sooooo many incredible childhood memories that I wish I could pass on to my kids...:(
(2) Original Journey Into the Imagination and Imagination Pavilion - [see above]
(3) Original Backlot tour - I used to love that ride! And it had props from shows that were currently on TV, which blew my mind at that age!

Disvillain63

Ok.....lots things people miss about disney that have gone away.....list YOUR TOP 3 things you wish would return if you had that " Magic Wand"!!

1) River Country....darn I loved that place....Blizzard nice...Typhoon nice BUT River Country was AWSUM!

2) Horizons.......the real feel of Disney ( and world fair type) attraction...want it back!

3) Sky Ride over FANTASY lAND.......one of those rides we didnt go on a lot at time but really wish now it was back.

Now whats yours?...Only 3!
2 out of 3 are on your list...River Country...Sky Ride...Hunchback of Notre Dame show.....

Breakfast at Tonys (magic kingdom)

Walter Cronkite/Robin Williams Art of Animation

George W Bush clip in full during hall of presidents "And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

Last edited:

SMS55

Jeremy Irons and his monologue in Spaceship Earth -- the script was SO much better than tripe in the current ride. It angers me to hear "the World-Wide-Web" and all that crap... I just don't want Epcot to be dumbed down and that's what it feels like SE is doing, to attract a larger audience, maybe? It's frustrating to have knowledge de-valued. And not, of course, to say that the Internet isn't a fount of knowlege -- but just that I think SE is now "trendy" and before, it valued history and did not try to be "cool".

In fairness one of the original names for EPCOT was "Progress City" and it's a "community of tomorrow." I know that it's been made more "fun" because the average person doesn't want to learn while on vacation, but it does need to change as times change and new technology comes out.

Chrononymous

Journey Into Imagination (with the ImageWorks included)

Kitchen Kabaret

Cranium Command

Funny how it's all Epcot stuff I miss the most...runners up would be World of Motion and Horizons.

I don't really spend much time in Epcot anymore.

RemebertheMagic<3

Wow just three is hard!! I have so many things I wish they would bring back, but I'd have to say

1) Remember the Magic Parade is by far the first thing I'd bring back out of everything!

2) Spectromagic I know it hasn't been gone very long, but I'll definitely miss it

3) I have to pick four because I'd love to have Tarzan Rocks and the Original Journey into Imagination brought back! But I've heard rumors that they are working on recreating the Original Journey into Imagination...so fingers crossed!

Fairybuzz

1. Original Imagination (always): This is a no brainer
2. Horizons: With an update for the 22nd century!
3. Toad: because It'll always be special to me (if they wanted to dump the scary adventures why not just put pooh there!!)

Honorable mentions:
ALL OF WOL!! (Tied with toad): That place felt so amazing inside with that dreamy music and the "building blocks of life" feel to it. Plus people eat to much junk food today..
which also brings me to
Food Rocks!:because It was part of my routine

Also:
The fountain in The Land, The various pieces of theming that seem to fall off of rides like the maelstrom waterfall, and WOM because It was funny.

Fairybuzz

Abstract:

1 Inspirational Future World
2 Sophisticated MK
3 Vintage Village / Empress Lilly / Lake Buena Vista area

Specific:

1 Horizons
2 If You Had Wings
3 Toad / WoM. Two picks for third, but they are both car rides so we'll allow it!

I often wonder why people miss if you had wings so much. I mean It could just be that the videos don't capture it well but It just looked like it was very dark and had some tv screens instead of AAs. Kinda like seas with nemo.

I do remember dreamflight though. with its silly music and the fact that it coincidentally went to the only two other nations that had disney parks at the time (hmmmmm).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom