Sonny Eclipse missing

Bocabear

I would be fine with a new AA figure replacing Sonny...he was a little too Chuck E Cheese. Why not use SIR and scruffy...Tim Curry can still do vocals. Give it a story line that SIR has been repurposed by XS Tech to be a hospitality Bot with Scruffy along to help him. The gag would be trying to get used to his new role as DJ/Host after a long service of being evil...It would put good use to a great animatronic and keep a legacy character from slipping into complete obscurity...
Something fresh, something classic...with a lot of humor
Timekeeper and 9 eye would also be fun...with a cyclorama wrap screen in back of them giving tour information and advice about your day at WDW...

celluloid

I would be fine with a new AA figure replacing Sonny...he was a little too Chuck E Cheese. Why not use SIR and scruffy...Tim Curry can still do vocals. Give it a story line that SIR has been repurposed by XS Tech to be a hospitality Bot with Scruffy along to help him. The gag would be trying to get used to his new role as DJ/Host after a long service of being evil...It would put good use to a great animatronic and keep a legacy character from slipping into complete obscurity...
Something fresh, something classic...with a lot of humor
Timekeeper and 9 eye would also be fun...with a cyclorama wrap screen in back of them giving tour information and advice about your day at WDW...

He was meant to be daily entertainment when somewhat frequent entertainment was not available.(which is way more frequently than the terrace stage that was built into what is now Cosmic Ray's used to have. His motions are much smoother and better than Chuck E Cheese, but the last fifteen years, that is sadly mostly what he has been.

pdude81

I love eating at Cosmic Ray's and seeing Sonny. Honestly it annoys me when they pull him for the Christmas party but I can understand that. However, if he's been removed or down for maintenance I'm not going to eat in there. It's a bummer.

JoeCamel

Anywhere else is better. It's not that far to walk to Festhaus. Food there is better.
You could walk to anywhere (I would suggest leaving the park) but my point is there is only Ray's unless they deign to open the terrace so no incentive to sling food that is edible and reasonably priced

celluloid

I'm surprised so many even know he's missing considering how bad the food is in that place. You would think few would eat there. It's on the same level as Tony's with its red sauce from a can.

Cosmic Ray's has been known to go back and forth for the number 1 spot of amount of Fast Food served on at a single location on the planet. The contender is a Macdonalds in Moscow. I get not loving the food, but it definitely serves the most in the resort.

The prime location of MK, the busiest theme park in the world connecting two very high foot traffic land areas does not hurt, as well as serving kid and family go to recognizable.

DisneyCane

I really don't know if Disney CapEx includes regular maintenance in the parks. I would think that's an operational expense, but that's just my non-accounting mind at work. I'm sure someone can let us know for sure. I mean, it would be embarrassing as hell if they really tried to claim that there isn't enough room in the $6 billion annual CapEx budget to perform maintenance on showpieces like Sonny.

The parks of WDW are in embarrassing shape now. I just know that the original announcement said CAPEX includes maintenance of parks.

When something breaks to a certain point it is no longer operational. It costs a lot more to fix so it is likely something cut.

Here is hoping Sonny Returns. Cosmic Rays is huge but not very interesting without him.
It depends on the type of maintenance. There are IRS rules that determine what is considered a capital expenditure. CAPEX can be amortized where operational expenditures have to be accounted for in the tax year that they are expended.

If it was a vehicle, oil changes are definitely an operational expenditure while rebuilding the engine can probably be considered CAPEX. For maintenance of Sonny, I'm not sure where that line gets drawn.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Cosmic Ray's has been known to go back and forth for the number 1 spot of amount of Fast Food served on at a single location on the planet. The contender is a Macdonalds in Moscow. I get not loving the food, but it definitely serves the most in the resort.

The prime location of MK, the busiest theme park in the world connecting two very high foot traffic land areas does not hurt, as well as serving kid and family go to recognizable.
And why upgrade the food quality if they're going to be banking on it regardles?

(This is a rhetorical question.)

ToTBellHop

Sonny Eclipse has apparently returned today.
1676647054499.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom