Sonic Themed Land at WDW

Miru

Seaside Hill would probably be the best location to base the area's overall aesthetic on. It's a more realistic version of Green Hill (meaning actual palm trees, soil, and flowers can be used instead of tacky artificial equivalents), and the ancient white-and-red stone structures are a unique addition that would make for some really great, memorable architecture. You could include a Riders-esque futuristic aesthetic for signage and various amenities, and you can't forget the iconic Vipnagorgialla font.

View attachment 559215
Good idea there! We could include an anti-meta era joke in there too.

Miru

Letting human beings walk around in a Sonic location would be enough of a jab at the Meta Era on its own, lol.
They did in the... well, the last time that happened was the Archie comics, unless you count Green Hills in the movie. Even Spagonia in TSR was depopulated. Probably an outdoor area to test the vehicle seating, similar to Mr. Toad and the like.

Okee68

sadx.png

Okee68

Now what would be Colors Ultimate? (Would that be an already bad attraction getting worse?)

Anyway, which characters should be made meetable? I’m pretty sure Silver would be a decent draw.
I can't think of anything clever for the lighting, because Colors Ultimate is basically the opposite problem; everything is darker and moodier rather than lighter and sterile, and lighting effects are blown out with bloom rather than being removed altogether. I can't really think of a fair comparison in terms of the overall quality of the game either. It would have to be an okay-ish attraction and some completely dysfunctional, demonstrably worse version that replaced it.

Meetable characters in a Sonic-themed land is something I hadn't even considered until now. Aside from the obvious ones like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, and Eggman, I think pretty much all the "Worldian" characters deserve costumed representation, even if some of them would only appear on rare occasions. Blaze, Rouge, Silver, the Chaotix, the Babylon Rogues, and even obscure characters like Marine, Honey, and the Hooligans would all be great.

The un-stylized human characters would be odd, though. I wouldn't really want to see Merlina or Shahra and whatnot outside of maybe some sort of special event. Robots such as Omega and G-merl are possible, although I have no idea how you would make effective costumes for them.

Miru

I can't think of anything clever for the lighting, because Colors Ultimate is basically the opposite problem; everything is darker and moodier rather than lighter and sterile, and lighting effects are blown out with bloom rather than being removed altogether. I can't really think of a fair comparison in terms of the overall quality of the game either. It would have to be an okay-ish attraction and some completely dysfunctional, demonstrably worse version that replaced it.

Meetable characters in a Sonic-themed land is something I hadn't even considered until now. Aside from the obvious ones like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, and Eggman, I think pretty much all the "Worldian" characters deserve costumed representation, even if some of them would only appear on rare occasions. Blaze, Rouge, Silver, the Chaotix, the Babylon Rogues, and even obscure characters like Marine, Honey, and the Hooligans would all be great.

The un-stylized human characters would be odd, though. I wouldn't really want to see Merlina or Shahra and whatnot outside of maybe some sort of special event. Robots such as Omega and G-merl are possible, although I have no idea how you would make effective costumes for them.
I also proposed an idea for other SEGA characters working, mainly to fulfill the paucity of potential face characters from Sonic. Puyo Puyo characters had been seen in the Puyo Puyo On Stage show, so updated costumes from there.

Heh… Colors Ultimate could be either Journey Into YOUR Imagination or even the Rocket Rods or Incredicoaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom