Sonic Themed Land at WDW

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I’ve been playing a lot of Sonic lately, and I’ve been getting some ideas. This could be a cool counter to Universal’s Mushroom Kingdom. Not sure much about the land, but it’d have three rides:

• Basic Green Hill Zone coaster, for the casuals who don’t really know a lot about Sonic. Would probably feature the iconic Loops.
  • “Rooftop Run”: A coaster through a European city at breakneck speeds. Fastest coaster on property. Here’s a video for reference
  • “Chaos Control”: This would be a major dark ride featuring story elements and set pieces from the Sonic Adventure Games. Would follow a plot with Dr Eggman securing the Chaos Emeralds to power his Badniks. Part of it could take place on the Space Colony ARK, and Shadow the Hedgehog would certainly play a large role.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I’ve been playing a lot of Sonic lately, and I’ve been getting some ideas. This could be a cool counter to Universal’s Mushroom Kingdom. Not sure much about the land, but it’d have three rides:

• Basic Green Hill Zone coaster, for the casuals who don’t really know a lot about Sonic. Would probably feature the iconic Loops.
  • “Rooftop Run”: A coaster through a European city at breakneck speeds. Fastest coaster on property. Here’s a video for reference
  • “Chaos Control”: This would be a major dark ride featuring story elements and set pieces from the Sonic Adventure Games. Would follow a plot with Dr Eggman securing the Chaos Emeralds to power his Badniks. Part of it could take place on the Space Colony ARK, and Shadow the Hedgehog would certainly play a large role.

Station Square could make a great setting for a Sonic Theme Park Land!

Miru

Maybe also add a flat ride? Chaos Control could use a Kuka arm to help swerve riders around the show scenes, and present dynamic dioramas. It would also allow for inversions. The flat ride would be more intense than what would be expected at major theme parks.

And I think it would fit best in Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

Disney have never really had much investment in video games, outside of Kingdom Hearts, and the Sega Megadrive games. Come on, they shut down Disney Infinity, and LucasGames, and I wouldn't exactly include DisneyQuest on that list.

Not sure if Wreck-It Ralph counts, since it began as a movie.

Now, if Disney decided to actually have a go in the video game market and bought out a company, it would likely be a third party company. Let's say that they did buy Sega and made a Sonic themed land to rival Nintendo. It would probably be something like what Brer Oswald described.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Welp. There goes that. Up next "Sonic the Hedgehog"
(Is it too late for Disney to acquire this one?)

Given the surprising success of the Sonic movie... I wonder if Disney is eyeing it. Who'd have guessed "Sonic" would tops at the box office?
Maybe Disney can work out a deal to acquire Paramount (or share with them) to get the rights back for the first half of the Marvel movies, Indiana Jones and the Sonic the Hedgehog property. Seems like a good way to get some attractions built. DHS?

Twilight_Roxas

Given the surprising success of the Sonic movie... I wonder if Disney is eyeing it. Who'd have guessed "Sonic" would tops at the box office?
Maybe Disney can work out a deal to acquire Paramount (or share with them) to get the rights back for the first half of the Marvel movies, Indiana Jones and the Sonic the Hedgehog property. Seems like a good way to get some attractions built. DHS?
Unless ViacomCBS creates a Paramount theme park outside the US that uses the Sonic IP.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I think they’re at least starting to see value in the Video Game medium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom