Song Title Thread - Ground Rules

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed the song title thread, but would like to set up (with help) some ground rules before we start another one.

#1 - Google....yes or no? I did NOT use Google to come up with song titles or artists, but understand that I may or may not have advantages over a younger player; ie, I may have heard more songs, but may have more difficulty remembering them.

#2 - variations on words in title, ie:
Rain...raining, rains, rained...OK by me
Rainfall, Rainbow, etc...?maybe
Storm....NO

#3 Repetition...when the thread starts reaching the 1000+ range, it's hard to remember which titles have been posted previously. Should there be at least "X" number of posts between uses?

#4 Should there be a limit to the number of posts per poster per day/page? I tried to be sure that at least one poster posted between my posts, but perhaps that was too frequent? Maybe it should be at least 3 posts or 24 hours between posts, whichever comes first?

I would appreciate any input from the previous game players as to how we can make it interesting & fun, but still fair for everyone.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
1. I would sometimes have to use Google to remember who the artist was, or get a correct spelling.

2. I think that variations are OK as long as the variation contains the word.

3. I don't know how we could keep up with what title has been used, but if you come up with a way, that's fine with me.

4. I, too, wouldn't repost until someone else had posted. Otherwise you're just playing with yourself and what fun is that? :lookaroun (That didn't quite sound right :eek: )

GenerationX

I'm all for anarchy. Mostly because there are no winners or losers (or, as Dave says before Stupid Pet Tricks: "This is just an exhibition, not a competition, please no wagering"). I refrained from correcting the multitude of mistakes in song titles and artists because there was no good reason to do it. By the end of the thread, I was just trying to think of songs I probably hadn't posted before. In any case, if you leave the rather loose rules the way they were, I'll play. If you add the rules you're considering, I'll play. If you add a whole bunch of other complicated rules, I'll play.

hcswingfield

I really enjoyed the song title thread, but would like to set up (with help) some ground rules before we start another one.

#1 - Google....yes or no? I did NOT use Google to come up with song titles or artists, but understand that I may or may not have advantages over a younger player; ie, I may have heard more songs, but may have more difficulty remembering them.

#2 - variations on words in title, ie:
Rain...raining, rains, rained...OK by me
Rainfall, Rainbow, etc...?maybe
Storm....NO

#3 Repetition...when the thread starts reaching the 1000+ range, it's hard to remember which titles have been posted previously. Should there be at least "X" number of posts between uses?

#4 Should there be a limit to the number of posts per poster per day/page? I tried to be sure that at least one poster posted between my posts, but perhaps that was too frequent? Maybe it should be at least 3 posts or 24 hours between posts, whichever comes first?

I would appreciate any input from the previous game players as to how we can make it interesting & fun, but still fair for everyone.

1. Google - hmmmm. I used it a few times, but mostly to check spelling. There is no way to police this, though.

2. Variations of words - sound reasonable to me.

3. Repetition - Like unkadug posted, who is going to police this? Let's keep it fun.

4. Limits - I would support not posting directly after your own post, but to make it stricter than that would cut out some really fun interchanges. (Like you and I had!)

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
So anarchy it is. I'll play by my own rules, but will not correct others who do not. However, I assume that a ban on off the wall responses (ie titles that have nothing whatsoever to do with the previous one, or are a bit of a reach "Singing In The rain" followed by "Stormy Weather" ) is OK with you all?

If so, let the new game begin.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom