Somthing great I found Today!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Well for me anyway, I was at the local Building 19 store(Don't know if it's just a New England thing , has wholesale stuff disncontinued things and such ...Kinda like a Job Lot) Guess what I found...A Birnbaum's Millleninum 2000 Special edition..Has some great stuff in it, I love looking at the older travel books to see how things have changed Attractions, parades, resorts and especially prices and such...Anyway guess what the price was? $.19....How great is that.... I never got around to getting this book when it first came out because that was one trip we could have never made, I was due to have our first child around our "normal" Disney September Vacation, So I never bought it(out of depression).....If I knew now we should have just went at a different Month..Oh well anyway , thought I 'd share my Excitement, and being the fellow disney nuts you are, I knew you'd guys or some of you would appreciate that!!!! Anyone esle ever come upon some great Disney finds???

oh by the way 60 more days!!!!!!!!! woooohooooo!!

EpcotServo

I have the offical guide from 1990, and love reading it...Plus it's solid proof of all attractions open the year I was born.
:lol:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Somehow I'm not certain that there is a 1976 Disney world Birnmaum's (year I was Born)..It is pretty cool to see how things have changed , some good some not so good , over the years!!!

EpcotServo

Somehow I'm not certain that there is a 1976 Disney world Birnmaum's (year I was Born)..It is pretty cool to see how things have changed , some good some not so good , over the years!!!
Actually, there might be! I know that they were the first dedicated guidebook to Disney World, and I think they started very early.

Either way, I'm sure it'd be hard to find.
:lol:

olmec26

My parents actually just found their Birnbaum's guidebook that they used on their honeymoon in 1986, that was a pretty interesting read...I wasn't even born yet!

My mother also found a Donald Duck plush that her brother brought back to her from a visit that he made in 1971...that's pretty amazing!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
My parents actually just found their Birnbaum's guidebook that they used on their honeymoon in 1986, that was a pretty interesting read...I wasn't even born yet!

My mother also found a Donald Duck plush that her brother brought back to her from a visit that he made in 1971...that's pretty amazing!

I have a plush minnie mouse (smaller one) and a Donald Duck hat, which was one of the real old ones that looked like a donald ducks head very cute...Both still had prices on them as well , the minnie was 11.00 and the hat was 10.00 (such a difference) that was from 21yrs ago My first trip to Disney with my grandparents!!

coltow

I have given DS one of the older books I had, most of them have the same pictures and maps. It's helping him to remember the rides and what is next to what.

michelemily

When I went to disney with my family back in 1989 I collected the glass figurines, (Cinderella, Prince Charming, Snow White, Dumbo, Donald and Daisy). and when I got married and moved out of my parent's house, my mother saved themfor me. Now they are in my daughters' room on their dresser. I love looking at them, because they remind me of that trip and just being in Disney.

dragonfox98

OK, EpcotServo is making me feel really old! (as well as whoever said their parents got married in 1986) LOL:p

However, I love your posts, so I will excuse you!

Dixiegirl, congrats on the find! Before hubby and I went to WDW for our honeymoon (our first time), I found a Birnbaums from the year before (1996) in the sale pile in Waldenbooks. It helped me, as I was not such a Disney Freak back then. Now, I think I could help them write the books (who knows - maybe if we move down someday, I will!).

You all have a great day!!

Disney_Belle

Well for me anyway, I was at the local Building 19 store(Don't know if it's just a New England thing , has wholesale stuff disncontinued things and such ...Kinda like a Job Lot) Guess what I found...A Birnbaum's Millleninum 2000 Special edition..Has some great stuff in it, I love looking at the older travel books to see how things have changed Attractions, parades, resorts and especially prices and such...Anyway guess what the price was? $.19....How great is that.... I never got around to getting this book when it first came out because that was one trip we could have never made, I was due to have our first child around our "normal" Disney September Vacation, So I never bought it(out of depression).....If I knew now we should have just went at a different Month..Oh well anyway , thought I 'd share my Excitement, and being the fellow disney nuts you are, I knew you'd guys or some of you would appreciate that!!!! Anyone esle ever come upon some great Disney finds???

oh by the way 60 more days!!!!!!!!! woooohooooo!!

Which Building 19 was it??? I'm from Mass and Building 19 and Ocean State Job Lot I always find hidden Disney treasures there. Not sure where you are located but I have found GREAT books at the Raynham Flea Market in Raynham, MA.

I was on vacation in Vermont over Memorial Day weekend and we went to a shopping plaza, and they were also having a flea market there. I found a great WDW postcard there. But then I read the writing on the back, and the guest who wrote it complained a lot about the weather and the crowds so I decided not to buy it lol.

My aunt's boyfriend works for a trash disposal company, and they have separate containers for whats leftover from yard sales and stuff. And one day he found a bunch of Disney records, along with special collectors plates, lunchboxes and tin toys. My Aunt has them all stored away now.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
OK, EpcotServo is making me feel really old! (as well as whoever said their parents got married in 1986) LOL:p

However, I love your posts, so I will excuse you!
QUOTE]

I got married in 1986. How do you think it makes me feel to see other posters whose parents were married that year? :zipit: :ROFLOL:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Which Building 19 was it??? I'm from Mass and Building 19 and Ocean State Job Lot I always find hidden Disney treasures there. Not sure where you are located but I have found GREAT books at the Raynham Flea Market in Raynham, MA.

I was on vacation in Vermont over Memorial Day weekend and we went to a shopping plaza, and they were also having a flea market there. I found a great WDW postcard there. But then I read the writing on the back, and the guest who wrote it complained a lot about the weather and the crowds so I decided not to buy it lol.

My aunt's boyfriend works for a trash disposal company, and they have separate containers for whats leftover from yard sales and stuff. And one day he found a bunch of Disney records, along with special collectors plates, lunchboxes and tin toys. My Aunt has them all stored away now.

Found it in a Cranston RI store....Place reminds me of an indoor flea market!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom