Sometimes I wonder... Whats the main concern?

worfbb77

Customers being stupid

I have a great deal of stupid things that happen in my line of work daily. I work at a local movie theater and man oh man I could write a book. When evere we have a black out people love to sit there and argue with me that it was my fault we lost power, HELLO! I am not God - although I would love to think that I am-lol. My best story is one time we had a kid pull the fire alarm so we had to evacuate and this lady wouldn't move said she had just gotten released from the hospital and couldn't stand out side. Yet she was fine to sit through a 3 hour movie, it was Titanic. People when they walk into any customer service type area or retail store lose 1/2 of thier IQ. :hammer:

barnum42

worfbb77 said:
I have a great deal of stupid things that happen in my line of work daily. I work at a local movie theater and man oh man I could write a book. When evere we have a black out people love to sit there and argue with me that it was my fault we lost power
I would love to see how those people got on in the Glasgow cinemas my grandfather used to run. This was during World War II when Nazi aeroplanes were dropping bombs on the city!

Atta83

I still love the one where i used to work. I worked at an ice rink and we had to many people in the building due to a certain group who said they were going to have a small number but wound up having more than we expected. Well some one set off the fire extinguisher sending the powder everywhere. We had to evacuate the building and we had people refuse to leave!!! We had to treat it like a fire, but people still refused to leave until we were dragging them out and the firemen who arrived who then yelled at them :), but do i have so many stories about customers or guest....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
PhotoDave219 said:
I'll remember that the next time you tell me that you told off a Cast member....

that was provoked.. my getting cursed out was not. That being said, you know you're about as sharp with your tongue as me. I've seen you react before when things aren't going 100%. You react like me... you just keep it cleaner than me.

Just remember the penalty if either one of us tells off a CM. For me, I lose my AP. That can be replaced. For you, you can lose your job. That's harder to replace ;)

Both of us are getting much more tactful in our dealings with CM's and guests to know better at this point. However, that CM did deserve a bit of a verbal beating that day.

So Dave... you up for a beer?

:Completely unrelated rant:

Trust me on this, people don't act this way only when they vacation in Fla. I used to work in an entertainment center here in Maine, right near a Ski Resort. Here is a sample conversation.

Me: I'm sorry, but you vehicle is parked in a handicapped zone. You will have to move it.

Woman: I'll only be here a few minutes.

Me: I'm sorry, but you will have to move it. (the vehicle was a HUGE SUV)

Woman: I'm only dropping my kids off. Listen, I have spent alot of money here over the last couple of years.

Me: I'm sure you have, but you still need to move your vehicle.

Woman: Hey I'm a doctor in Boston, I would never take someone's hadicapped spot.

Me: But that's just what you are doing. Please move it.

Woman: I'm only dropping my kids off.

Me: You have 2 minutes to move it.

She got very huffy, mumbling about hadicapped parking as she went out the door to move it. It never stopped amazing me that people would ski all day, and them complain abbout having to walk 200' from the parking lot to the building.

:Rant Over:

Atta83

mkt said:
that was provoked.. my getting cursed out was not. That being said, you know you're about as sharp with your tongue as me. I've seen you react before when things aren't going 100%. You react like me... you just keep it cleaner than me.

Just remember the penalty if either one of us tells off a CM. For me, I lose my AP. That can be replaced. For you, you can lose your job. That's harder to replace ;)

Actually he is getting better, because I have scolded him a few times...so i dont think he wants me to do that anymore..so he know watches what he says ;)... :drevil:

tigger248

I once had a coke can launched at me for simply telling a guest that our local park is closed. The thing is, it was never scheduled to be open so if the guest had bothered to check the park hours before driving 2-3 hours they could have avoided the scenario all together. I felt bad for them (until they cursed me and launched the coke can) but I couldn't magically open the park for them.

That's the main problem, guests seem expect us to magically make things happen for them. I had a guest one day who was upset because the credit card machine for the lockers was broken and the nearby atm was not from his bank. I gave him another option of getting a cash advance at the front gate for no charge, but since we were in the back of the park he still wasn't satisfied. He wanted a manager to magically make money appear for him.

We do get and deal with and help out plenty of guests with real concerns or "logical" concerns, but there will always be those who have that "it's all about me" attitude.

wsapooh

I'm a travel agent and I just love it when a client calls from an airport complaining that their flight has been cancelled due to bad weather. They want me to rebook them on another carrier right way so they can get home.
I reassure them that all airlines are having the same weather in that city.

tigger248

wsapooh said:
I'm a travel agent and I just love it when a client calls from an airport complaining that their flight has been cancelled due to bad weather. They want me to rebook them on another carrier right way so they can get home.
I reassure them that all airlines are having the same weather in that city.

People are so stupid! If my flight was cancelled due to bad weather, I'd be happy that they had my safety in mind. I don't like turbulent flights anyway.

wsapooh

It's even better when they call to complain because their flight is delayed 15 minutes due to mechanical problems. Would you rather fly on a broken plane or wait 15 minutes until it's fixed?

Hmmmm.... let me think....tough decision

It's SOOO true that people who are traveling kinda loose a few brain cells.

dandaman

xstechbabe said:
people were mad becasue we closed at 1 and was like "its not fair...Sea World is open till 2!" geeze....
Then let that idiot go to SeaWorld, he doesn't deserve to be there anyways...:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom