Something WDW's done RIGHT!

natolij02

Ok....I know this will sound absolutely stupid but.....the one thing I think they did right was the airconditioning. I love the fact that when it is so hot walking around the parks that I can pop into a store or an attraction and that airconditioning is blasting. Although I am sure it wastes a ton of energy, I cant help but think..... it sure does feel good!!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Where do I start? Disney does so much right. The whole Disney experience is incredible! I love the rides and I think Disney does a wonderful job with them. However, it's so much more. It's the smells, sights, sounds, tears in your eyes:cry:, smile on your face:), and memories that make me say Disney did something right. Very few experiences in life leave the impression on you that a Disney trip does. :sohappy:

This is exactly how I feel. The positive WAYYY outweigh the negative even on the worst day in WDW.

MR. DISNEY

I'm from NJ and I have been to WDW 25 times in the last 15 years. (Thank you DVC) With all the trips I think I've eaten everywhere at least once. I LOVE the fact that they have added some healthier choices to the menu. After 10 days of Burgers and Fries everywhere it's great to have apple slices or carrots. I think those little additions are great and keeping with the times when everyone is "trying" to eat better, or at least have a choice.

Dukeblue1016

Expedition Everest
Soarin
Finding Nemo Musical
Haunted Mansion refurb
POTC addition of Captain Jack...

and many more!

4 of those 5 things were exactly what I planned on writing actually...

just haven't seen the Nemo Musical... i've heard its fantastic though...

EE and Soarin' were AWESOME additions... awesome awesome awesome...

HM refurb was great... and POTC refurb/CJ addition was great too...

ooooooohhhhhhh and the TTA... (it's not new... but it's awesome...)

EPCOT Explorer

I absolutely LOVE that Dreamfinder and Figment are being reintroduced throughout the Parks via merchandise, pins, etc. I also LOVE the retro EPCOT Center merchandise too.

Your turn! :wave:

You stole mine!:D

Beyond that, I'm allllll about the little touches... background music, hidden Mickeys, etc. Every little thing like that makes me smile to no end! Ever been to a theme park where there's no background music? It's eeeeeerily quiet and not fun at all!

Bush Gardens.NOT fun.

I'm gonna have to go with...

The removal of the Wand-Epcot looks like Epcot again!
DHS name change-'bout time the half day park got some attention
Wishes-Vast improvement over FitF
Philhamagic-Walt's dream for a interactive film with physical effects finally comes true!If they do a Fantasia III it should be like this.

But my favorite of all time...IllumiNations:Reflections of Earth.I know it's a good 8 years old but there is nothing that is so perfectly Disney/Epcot in WDW right now.

smudger

Hey never posted on here before but long time reader and loving this thread.
Personally i like crush 'n' gusher, soarin and can't wait to see the updated HM and SSE when i next go

sarabi

The theming around Everest... stunning. Imagineering really outdid themselves. The ride is also a great step forward for imagineering what with all the "firsts" (switching tracks, reversing direction twice, the HUGE and very detailed Yeti).
Also, Mission Space and Soarin'... the newer rides are really showing us that imagineering hasn't lost their touch. They just keep getting bigger and better. Someone must've told them "you can't do that" and lit a fire under them!
Magical Express is awesome (though not wayyy new, it's great to be "at Disney" from the moment you step off the plane).
Loved the dining plan. We got to try a lot of places we normally would not have.
Most of all, I love how last time I was there (which was in Oct 2006), there was lots of Walt everywhere you looked. I love that he's still there. From the Partners statue, to "It All Started with Walt", knowing that he's not been forgotten gives me warm fuzzies.

Chape19714

Giving me the most fantastic job on earth, with the most fantastic "characters" as co-workers. I actually get paid to be Andy's Toy, and bring others into Andy's Room to play while Andy is away! I can't think of anything better than that!

Also...
Block Party Bash
HM Refirbishment
SSE
Soarin
EE
Finding Nemo the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Gran Fiesta Tour
New ending to AA
M:S Green side!
Toy Story Mania!
Keeping the Animation displays current
re-naming and revamp of Hollywood Studios
Captian Cooks
the list goes on and on.....

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I love the idea of this thread.
36_1_11.gif

I think Disney has done a great job with:
-Everest
-Pirate and Princess Party (amazing fireworks and parade!)
-Block Party Bash looks wonderful
-return of retro Epcot merchandise
-continuing the Pin Trading
-Finding Nemo The Musical
-providing a wide array of culinary adventures
-striking the delicate balance of providing entertainment for adults and children proportionally

WDWGuy

This is probably the best thread started on here in the 7 years I have been with wdwmagic!

I have to say I am partial to:

CINDERELLA CASTLE DREAM LIGHTS - This is a 10 on every possible level. I think WDW Imagineering and Entertainment did a fantastic job creating this effect. I cannot wait to see it again this coming holiday season.

HOLIDAY ILLUMINATIONS - This is by far the best fireworks show that is shown on a nightly basis during Holidays Around the World. Incredible.

FINDING NEMO: THE MUSICAL- Top notch Broadway style entertainment invades the Theater in the Wild. While Jungle Book and Tarzan Rocks! tried their hardest...Nemo proves that the 3rd time is definitely a charm. This show is not going anywhere for a long time.

Looking forward to riding TSM over the next couple of weeks. I still remember being a Cast Member back in 1998 and riding CM previews for Test Track! I cannot believe its been 10 years....

Til Next Time,

WDWGuy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom