something positive in this time of sadness

abug'saunt

Original Poster
I lost my 6 month old nephew Zander yesterday. He died in his sleep and we all miss him terribly. I remembered seeing bricks with names on them the first time I was "home" and was wondering if it is still possible to do something like that when I go back in 39 days? I'd like to do one in his memory and was also wondering how much it would cost. The parents wanted to get married in WDW and the rest of us thought that since Zander wouldn't be with us physically, it would make it more special to his parents to have a "part" of him there. So any responses will be greatly appreciated.

k.hunter30

I wish I had information to give you but I don't. As the other ladies have said, I do have a hug though. {{HUG!}}

From someone who has lost a close family member suddenly, I can imagine it is very hard right now. Your attitude of trying to think of something positive to do in the midst of all this is very admirable.

I wish you and your family the best. God bless!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I would suggest asking at Guest Relations at Epcot. I don't know if they still sell bricks, but they'll be able to tell you.

wdwishes2005

I would suggest asking at Guest Relations at Epcot. I don't know if they still sell bricks, but they'll be able to tell you.
I would email guest relations and explain your situation to them also, if they have stopped selling them they may make an exception in a case like that. I'm not an expert or anything, but that would at least be worth a shot.

AndyJo0930

I believe you can still get those in MK. In Epcot they have these little etches of faces on walls. You might think about those if they can do it from a picture of your nephew. Any my sympathy to you and yours.

Tigggrl

Big *huggles* to you and your family! I found this number, I am not sure how current it is..
1-800-272-6201....
WDW merchandise Guest Services is: 1-(407) 363-6200
I hope this helps:):wave:

abug'saunt

Original Poster
Thank you everyone who replied. We really appreciate all the warm responses. And I will try calling guest relations at both Epcot and MK. It couldn't hurt. And if that doesn't work, I'll ask my travel agent if she has any ideas. She has been so helpful with everything else we asked her about. Again, thanks everyone who sends their hugs and prayers for our family.

brkgnews

The "Walk around the world" bricks are (I believe), no longer available. However, you can still opt for the "Leave A Legacy" tiles at EPCOT.

My sympathies on your loss.

rcapolete

last year part of the package came with a leave a legacy free so i believe they are still avaliable.
as a father of 2 small kids and an uncle to 7 and growing i can not imagine the heartache you and your family must be feeling. My deepest condolences to you and your family

tigsmom

The "Walk around the world" bricks are (I believe), no longer available. However, you can still opt for the "Leave A Legacy" tiles at EPCOT.

My sympathies on your loss.

That was going to be my suggestion also.

((HUGS)) to you all and I'm so sorry for your loss.

PotteryGal

My sympathy and condolences for your loss. ((HUGS)) I am sure Disney will do what they can to help you. My prayers are with you and your family.

kcnole

According to Allears.net all the bricks are currently sold out and none are available for the walk around the world bricks. I know that there are plenty of places at the leave a legacy area in Epcot for sale still. So you could always go that route.

mitchk

According to Allears.net all the bricks are currently sold out and none are available for the walk around the world bricks. I know that there are plenty of places at the leave a legacy area in Epcot for sale still. So you could always go that route.

That's what I was thinking. I'd go with that, and my deepest sympathies for you, and your family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom