Some of the coolest simple things to experience at WDW Theme Parks

Tiki_Tiki_Tiki

baloo_24 said:
:sohappy: Dole Whip!!!!!! Just as your about to enter Adventure land .. Its theBEST!!!!

i love dole whip

have you had any other flavors than pinneapple cause pinneapple is ok but if you get the chance you should definately try raspberry or orange!

and i liked watching the candymaker in Japan cause she is amazing!

Rob562

SallyShine said:
Exploring Tom Sawyers Island! It's never crowded and there's so much to see. We especially enjoy the cave. It's a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park.

One of thoe most relaxing times I've had at Disney World was about 20-30 minutes spent on Tom Sawyer Island. On the back island, there's a path that goes off to the left of the Fort. At the end, there's a dock on the edge of the river, looking out at Big Thunder across the way. At the time there were a couple rocking chairs. We just sat out there with our feet up, waving at the steamboat as it went by, the trains full of people on Big Thunder, and even a Big Thunder CM who had to come out and reset the brake zone after it went 101. Probably would have stayed even longer if it hadn't started raining.

Another favorite is waiting until Epcot has emptied after Illuminations and then taking a slow stroll ALLLLL the way around the Lagoon through an entirely empty World Showcase. And then sometimes waiting near the International Gateway for the inferno barge's blowoff.

-Rob

Main Street Jim

have you had any other flavors than pinneapple cause pinneapple is ok but if you get the chance you should definately try raspberry or orange!

Raspberry or orange Dole Whips?? There's no such thing ;)

The "raspberry" you're referring is probably the Strawberry Swirl over at Enchanted Grove, next to the Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland. The "orange" is more than likely the Citrus Swirl over at Sunshine Tree Terrace, at the exit to Tiki Room. There's only ONE Dole Whip ;) I *love* the Pineapple/Chocolate siwrl...!!!

no2apprentice

I like to watch.

People, that is.

I like to sit on a bench somewhere near the entrance outside of the locker area at MK. I love to watch people come into the park and watch all the different faces...some are excited, some are in awe, some are stressed, some are frantic. Kids faces are the best.

I like to stroll in the dock area that runs along Adventureland. And I mean a very easy stroll.

I like to sit near the monorail line in Epcot where the background view is Imagination.

There are more, but you get the idea.

Gucci65

Hmmmmm, I always get the Dole Whip float - maybe next time I will try the pineapple/chocolate swirl - sounds yummy!

We have gotten lucky twice at DAK and have seen the tigers when they were getting fed. Wow. Don't know if anyone can tell you the feeding times - but it is interesting to watch.

wdimagineer

me and my family always have to stop in mgm and pick up some carmel apples at the sweet shop next to the villians store. They are excellent. We always bring some back home

minnie2000

My favourite thing in WDW is the fountains in Epcot, not the big one, the small shooting fountains outside figment. I saw these on TV when I was about 8, and finally got to visit Epcot when I was about 25! They will always be magical to me!

durhay

We used to eat and relax in the old Swan Boats pavilion between the castle and Tomorrowland. Very peaceful, because very few people bothered to come down and look at it. They'd come into the rose garden, stop about halfway down, and go back.

dandaman

Wonder if the TTA would count. :lol:

I enjoy the living statues in WS, and I've always loved ther model train exhibit between Germany and Italy (we have footage from my first trip in 1994, I keep following them around on the little bridge :lol: ).

I really enjoy all of the "impromptu" attractions, such as Push and Wes Palm. (Apparently, I've been too oblivious to ever notice DeVine!)

I really wished I'd seen the MSUSA trolley show. :(

magicstar01

I don't know if this has been said or not but in japan if you go to the restaurant upstairs and on the left where you sit in groups, it is fantastic fun for lunch or dinner. the chefs will entertain you and make you laugh as they cook your food all right in front of you to your exact specifications, its soooo much fun we always go when we visit!:king:

Dwarful

Grabbing your spot of the curb and then meeting those who come to stake claim to your neighboring curb territory! Once my husband was wearing a tshirt from Jersey and the people next to us were from Gurnsey. I think they were surprised at an American family actually knowing about J & G! Great conversations can happen anywhere if you just let them!

Also, riding the horse drawn trolley down mainstreet usa. The girls usually do this while singing the song "Clang clang clang went the trolley" for some reason our five year old thinks only people from the st.louis area should know or sing this song!

Dole whips, watching people ride IASW while eating a late lunch & watching the kids take time out in Epcot to become Jr. chefs making chocolate chip cookies ;) Do you know how hard it is to get those paper chef hats home safely in a minivan with 7 people???

mkepcotmgmak

Dwarful said:
Also, riding the horse drawn trolley down mainstreet usa. The girls usually do this while singing the song "Clang clang clang went the trolley" for some reason our five year old thinks only people from the st.louis area should know or sing this song!

Have you and your girls ever seen The Trolley Show on Main Street? I bet your girls would love it! It's usually a few times in the morning, up and down Main Street, and they include the trolley song!

Clang! Clang!

diddy_mouse

I would have to say walking through DTD at night. One of my favorite spots is right near the water, sitting at a table with my Ghiradelli's brownie sundae.

Another would be watching the leap frog fountains at the Imagination pavillion

Having a Dole Whip and walking through Adventureland, on the way over to Frontierland

My husband enjoys just walking around everywhere at night, usually around park closing....nice to let the crowds clear out

Slosh

The World Showcase players are always a riot. Last time my dad got picked to be King Arthur in the legend of the Holy Grail- he only had one line and managed to forget it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom