Some known...some unknown facts about the parks

KCheatle

I don't see why he'd want to just hang out in a ride for hours on end? Once I got stuck on the ride for like 10 minutes, and the repeating soundtrack was enough to make me go a little nuts!

Bairstow

No, he doesn't hang out in the ride. He has been known to do a M&G as Jack Sparrow (without anyone knowing) every once in a while when he's there but that's a very rare occurrence.

Heh. I bet the guests that see those shows say, "Man, that guy really wasn't as good as the usual CM, was he?"

EricJ

Just kind of a neat rundown. Some are pretty common knowledge on these forums but at least a few were new to me.

Yeah, like Nixon giving the speech at DisneyLAND? (Wait, it wasn't the Contemporary resort??)
He did help open the Disneyland Monorail in '59, maybe that's what they were thinking.

Vader2112

I had seating in the reserved area on the Liberty Square Bridge for th MNNSHP Parade in October 2011 and the CM told me something similar that sometime Johnny Depp will Dress as Jack Sparrow and ride the Float. She claimed he was there a few night before. I called Shennanigans!!!

thom1414

Wikipedia states:

On November 17, 1973, President Richard Nixon delivered his famous "I am not a crook" speech in a ballroom at the Contemporary in front of reporters from the Associated Press during the 'Annual Convention of the Associated Press Managing Editors Association'.[6]

EricJ

I call Shenanigan's on Characters giving hi fives....

One of my first favorite solo-trip moments was getting a high-five from Michelangelo, back when the Ninja Turtles were on NY Street. :)
(Would've been '90-'91, so I'm not sure if that was future Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson in the suit, but it could've been anybody.)

rob0519

I'm not buying the "touched up and painted nightly" maintenance is still in effect. Years ago it was, but based on the condition of the parks on my last several visits there is no way that type of effort is performed nightly anymore.

R W B

That would be a no.
I've heard a rumor from a few people that said he was there in costume when they first reopened the ride after he was added? Is that true? I could see it being a one time thing, that's not too far of a stretch.

Also heard he had done the parade a few times and you can tell its him evacuee he wears a special hat, forgot which hat though.

Either rumor true?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've heard a rumor from a few people that said he was there in costume when they first reopened the ride after he was added? Is that true? I could see it being a one time thing, that's not too far of a stretch.
I really doubt it was true. There are all kinds of issues with people being in the ride building when the ride is in motion. So even just from a safety perspective, I call it false.

I would also say that in this day and age, NOTHING gets by without being filmed. If it happened, we would have seen the proof.

EricJ

Yes, I first thought it was a real CM hiding in the dress shop, too. :rolleyes:
(Let's just say it was our first look at new-generation AA's, at least in comparison to the classic models.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom