Some big things coming to Disney Springs

Pumbaa1222

If it's of the entertainment nature, how about Star Wars & Marvel themed mini golf down by House of Blues, or perhaps escape rooms to take over DQ. Broadway Show Theater or maybe a Food Network working studio/kitchen restaurant. Just blue skying, not any basis for any of the above, just wishful thinking

Disney Themed Escape Rooms is a GENIUS idea!!! Very trendy right now, doesn't require a ton of overhead, and provides a memorable experience for adults, and families!!! So much potential

Mark48

It is entirely possible that every restaurant at Disney Springs:fire all the dishwashers in order to make it possible for " guests " to pay the exorbitant cost of food by plying their skills washing dishes.;)l

SherlockWayne

Disney Themed Escape Rooms is a GENIUS idea!!! Very trendy right now, doesn't require a ton of overhead, and provides a memorable experience for adults, and families!!! So much potential
I agree completely. I think it would be an amazing addition to Disney Springs if they turned DisneyQuest into escape rooms. They wouldn't even have to change the name. How cool would it be to start the intro video for each room with "Today, your DisneyQuest is to escape...". I think it'd be amazing. Plus, each level could be a different skill level, making it appropriate for families or older visitors, depending on how hard they want the game to be. They could also theme the rooms to Disney locales, like the Cave of Wonders, Snow Queen's dungeon, the opportunities are endless!

djkidkaz

I'm assuming we'll hear something tomorrow. Usually when Steve posts like this it means he got the memo but it has an embargo on it and can't be released until the folllowing day.

Mark48

Looks like it is going to be a "escape" parking garage. Can't say this qualifies as a shocker.Escape rooms make to much sense from the guest standpoint...stockholders don't want anyone to "escape" the opportunity to spend more money at the Springs.

hpyhnt 1000

@wdwmagic - Can you comment on the timeline for the non-parking announcement? Are we looking at something that can be in place within a year or is it something on a longer timeframe to build?

DManRightHere

I agree completely. I think it would be an amazing addition to Disney Springs if they turned DisneyQuest into escape rooms. They wouldn't even have to change the name. How cool would it be to start the intro video for each room with "Today, your DisneyQuest is to escape...". I think it'd be amazing. Plus, each level could be a different skill level, making it appropriate for families or older visitors, depending on how hard they want the game to be. They could also theme the rooms to Disney locales, like the Cave of Wonders, Snow Queen's dungeon, the opportunities are endless!

I really like the idea, but the extremely low guest capacity could prevent a large scale escape room complex, or if Disney did, I would expect a much higher cost for the rooms. But it would be really cool (assuming the props are amazing)!

Wendy Pleakley

Could we be getting something similar to shanghai's Walt Disney Grand theater. Hosting rotating Disney theatrical productions. Possibly even non-Disney ones too. It would certainly justify the added parking .

I don't know that I would consider paying for this type of experience. There's so many shows in the theme parks already.

Yes, a Broadway show would be bigger and better, but is it different enough to warrant spending the extra time and money on?

I really like the idea, but the extremely low guest capacity could prevent a large scale escape room complex, or if Disney did, I would expect a much higher cost for the rooms. But it would be really cool (assuming the props are amazing)!

Yeah, low capacity attractions and Disney don't mix. Could it also be one of those scenarios where it will be too hard for someone, they'll complain, it will be dumbed down, etc.

If they really want to make people happy: Adventurer's Club themed escape rooms, with alcohol.

peter11435

I don't know that I would consider paying for this type of experience. There's so many shows in the theme parks already.

Yes, a Broadway show would be bigger and better, but is it different enough to warrant spending the extra time and money on?

Yeah, low capacity attractions and Disney don't mix. Could it also be one of those scenarios where it will be too hard for someone, they'll complain, it will be dumbed down, etc.

If they really want to make people happy: Adventurer's Club themed escape rooms, with alcohol.
People already pay for cirque du solei

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom