Solo w/o the parks...

nthebulln7

Hey there all! I am going down to the world next weekend by myself for 2 days because I can't pass up the hotel deal they have right now. I am not going to do the parks because I want to explore the rest of the resort and hotels. Now, I am a Disney nerd and have been there solo before but I was just curious if you guys and gals have any must sees outside of the parks that are free or cost little money. I am on a tight budget and just really want to relax and siute see at the same time. Let me know! Thanks all!

monkeysammich

I don't know how much fun it'll be solo... but they do the chip-n-dale campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness at 7pm daily. Its free for all resort guests... they have 2 campfires, a stand to buy marshmallows and sticks (and smore packs!), or you can bring your own marshmallows... after the sing-a-long they show a movie on the big screen.

Better for families than solo... but still might be worth checking out.

Upvote 0

corey154

I dont know which resort you're staying at but i like to ride the monerail around and see the poly, grand floridian, and contem and have lunch at one of their counter service places. I also like to take boat to ft wilderness and walk around, years ago they had a petting farm, i don't know if they still do though. also Down town disney now has a dj and little dance party at the stage area in the evenings, it's fun to grab a seat and people watch while eating a hot fudge sunday or popcorn.

Upvote 0

nthebulln7

Original Poster
I want to hit all of the resorts while I am there and I have already been to most of them so I just want to see if I can do it. All suggestions are greatly appreciated! Keep them coming!

Upvote 0

yankspy

Watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. AKL has the night vision goggles. There is a walking trail from the WL to Fort Wilderness as well.

Upvote 0
Definitely head to AKL. First hit Jambo House, take in the awesome lobby, and check out the Arusha Rock savanna overlook. Be sure to strike up a conversation with the savanna guides to learn more about the animals. They'll also have fascinating stories to tell about their native countries. Have breakfast or an early dinner at Boma. Then take the short bus ride to Kidani Village and check out the savanna there. You'll really have a great time. AKL is a special place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom