Solo for the Fun Fan Get Together on Oct 1?

DisneyMarg

Original Poster
Anyone going solo to this? I am TRYING to get my son to come with me, so I can drive straight down Sunday night (8 hrs) and straight home Monday night, and not miss but one day of work. But, if you can believe it, he doesn't really want to. WHAT?????

And so far, all of the other friends I've thought of will either not want to take a day off work, or leave their families, or aren't all that wild about Disney anyway.

I'm now thinking of just striking out and coming alone. If I do that, will there be some other folks that I could meet up with to spend the day? I think I will feel funny just going up to people and saying, "Hey can I spend the day with you?" but it would definitely be more fun in a group.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I might be solo too, i dunno yet :(

Gotta get class schedules and show schedules (we're theater folk) and then see if financially it makes sense to fly my other half down.

The good news, i went to Epcot all by myself for the first time in two years just the other day. The world didn't end, no one thought i was weird, and i had a good time :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As Jedi said, we`ll be one big happy family, all there for the same reason. I dare say a lot of groups will be roaming the park all day, so come one down :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
im flying solo, hitting MK for the first time solo on sunday and doing Epcot25 solo. dont worry about a thing. im sure the tailgate party that am will loosen things up :lol:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
But you know how a big group is. I think it will be tough to join up with someone as a single. I'm kinda worried I won't get to meet everyone that I want to. 500 people will be a mob. It would be nice to put some faces to usernames (even though my username sucks).

wannabeBelle

I will be there and I Am sure that you will have no problem in the 500+ people that we have attending finding some great people to chat all things Disney with!!! Belle

Disney_Freak429

I will also be going it solo. Feel free to chat with me I am quite friendly. If anyone feels like the group is too much at one point & wants to go off with a few solo people for a ride or two I would be up for that. But I am sure everyone will be very upbeat & friendly so chat away with us.

Rototom

My wife and I are on the shy side, but we're gonna try hard to meet the other Epcot nuts like us...single or not single. It's gonna be a special day!

DisneyMarg

Original Poster
It took me THREE days (off and on) but I have just finished the epic titled, "Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st " WOW!

I had kept up with it off and on from the beginning, but reading the whole thing through is amazing. You people are awesome!!

Also, I get a better picture of the day. It does sound like a huge group having fun together. I had somehow gotten the idea that the only "together" thing was the re-dedication and the dessert party, but it sounds like there will be a lot more opportunity to hang with the group - and what a group it will be!!

OK. I have got to be there. Thanks for all of your replies. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom