Poggie

Outside

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 192

flynnibus

Premium Member
With less than 9 days to go.. one would assume it would have been announced by now if they were to do it. Only hope seems to be looking for warm bodies while CMs test.. and that hasn't happened yet, nor have they finished opening up to all CMs. I'm speculating after 3-4 more days of CMs only they will need more bodies

I'd like to pat myself on the back for correctly guessing 3 days on Monday.. and it's now Wednesday and they took some riders in :)

DoctorDisney

Ride is currently down to all guests and cast members. Invitation-only cast previews will continue today once the attraction is back up and running.

If there IS another soft opening for guests today, it will not happen until at least 1:30-2:00 pm.

This is as of 5 minutes ago.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is the nature of soft opens. Open one minute, closed the next. Of course the internet now makes things much more interesting. And in this case, the testing has been VERY visible, which makes things harder. Only a few more days of this to go.

Obi

So the winner is @croboy82. You prize is that you get to ride the mine train on your next visit to MK (travel expenses, park tickets, food and lodging not included.)

Soft opening (unofficial opening to guests) Guess List:

DaveStuart - December 5th, 2013
Pixiedustmaker - December 20th, 2013
hockeyfran - January 15th, 2014
The Empress Lilly - February 4th, 2014
Rose&Crowner - Feburary 7th, 2014
jdmdisney99 - February 13th, 2014
G8rchamps - February 15th, 2014
Tom - March 1st, 2014
danlb_2000 - March 3rd, 2014
KLeight - March 7th, 2014
MOXOMUMD - March 17th, 2014
Goofgoof - March 20th, 2014
JLipnick - March 27th, 2014
Scuttle - March 30th, 2014
Much-Pixie-Dust - April 4th, 2014
RandomPrincess - April 7th, 2014
Jose - April 12th, 2014
Goofy6294 - April 15th, 2014
ShookieJones - May 2nd, 2014
croboy82 - May 20th, 2014
pcaudill - June 1st, 2014
Daannzzz - October 15th, 2014

hey... i'm a winner winner chicken dinner too... i said that it would happen between, whatever date i made my post, until official opening day... technically, i was correct... sooooo, does this mean i win a cupie doll?

JeffBostock

I think all of this bodes very well for Friday's 24 hour event seeing some Mine Train action.
Yes it does. Also since there is a planned Snow White meet near the Mine Train between 11pm and 5:30am for the 24 hour event, they certainly must plan on having it open to guests that day. They definitely would not want to draw any people toward that attraction if it wasn't going to be open.

doctornick

Exactly, Steve. If you don't get in on the soft opening now, the thing will officially be open in a week. No big.

Well, it is big for the people who are on vacation now and won't be next week and may not return to WDW for a long time.

It akes you wonder what the guest breakdown is for soft opening riders -- seems that locals with APs might be more inclined to just go to the park and camp around the entrance waiting to ride (even though they could definitely ride in a week) while people on vacation probably are less likely to wait around and ignore other things to do since they have more limited time in the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah, if they are operating for CMs... and the seal has been broken for guests... I can't see them not letting in small amounts of guests from time to time when they want to run, but there is a void of available CMs.

of course, they don't want mobs just hanging outside the attraction all day either, causing even more rubbernecking. It's a tough balance. Maybe they should go back to the 'dream squad' to draft riders from various points in the park :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom