SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

WED_WAY

Just listening to the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast of 7DMT and at the very end Jim Hill says "I'm gonna get in trouble with Disney for saying this...they will...they are going to try and have the attraction open for the guests during that party (24 hours). That's sort of the special sauce for that event at the kingdom."

Jim is a pretty reliable source with inside info so barring any problems, I expect it to be open. I was pretty happy to hear that considering I will be there all day. :D

Ember

Was at MK all day today and no soft opening, but plenty of CMs riding and playing in the queue. Lucky ducks! We leave tomorrow so no rides for us, but it really is a a beautiful ride and it was nice just to see it operating :)

Jetdoctor

I'm a true Disney nerd. I live 15 miles from MK. But we booked 2 nights at beach club just so we can be closer and not have to worry about parking on that crazy day. I would almost bet it will be open that day at some point. Though I won't be at MK the whole 24 hours I'm sure we we will put in a solid 12-13 hours. I would wait 2 hours but that's my limit. What's yours?

aladdin2007

There are trains running this morning, but most are empty or with 1-2 people riding.

And wow is it a quiet coaster.

I was shocked at how quiet when walking by today, it goes right by you and you honestly dont know it unless your looking...

.But did they really need ten plus castmembers standing outside the entrance in costume doing nothing? It was misleading to guests, making them think it might be open or getting ready to and then a couple of cast getting annoyed with people asking the same question. Is it open? is it opening? is it open yet? There should have been a more detailed clear sign, and one or two cast.

Last edited:
I don't understand the predictions of a soft opening for the 24 hour event. If CM only testing allows them to have a group of individuals who will always "cooperate and understand", why open the flood gates to everyone on an extremely crowded day? Supposedly guests are more unpredictable and potentially unruly (see recent "mobs" of the CMs working the front rope and booing of riding CMs). If the ride needed to close or there were unexpected issues - can you imagine the kind of response supposed "unruly" guests would throw at the CMs working the front rope?? I'm not so sure they are going to choose to put themselves in that situation.

WED_WAY

If it's open I'm waiting...I won't be back until Jan '15. They won't soft open unless they are ready, but I'd wait 2 hours and I want to see the standby queue.

Wednesday May 28th you can ride, period, stop throwing up all over CM's when you walk by it before that date, if you planned your vacation for Memorial Day weekend. Sorry! You will have to return another time and ride it. Don't waste you day at MK on a hope and a prayer

GetAPaperBag

Wednesday May 28th you can ride, period, stop throwing up all over CM's when you walk by it before that date, if you planned your vacation for Memorial Day weekend. Sorry! You will have to return another time and ride it. Don't waste you day at MK on a hope and a prayer

SDMT or no SDMT, I'll never describe a day at MK as a waste. One ride shouldn't make or break your vacation or even your day.

awilliams4

My friend who is a CM just rode this several times and was AMAZED. Said it is super fun, a good average length, and that the AA's are the best he has ever seen.

Reading this makes me think about all the ridiculous doom and gloomers that hang out here all the time that put this whole concept (7DMT) down and down and down some more over the years. 'How stupid, this is a dumb kiddie ride' with as being in no position whatsoever to make such a statement.

And if I were asked what my opinion is as to why so many people would badger something like this when they have no basis to....I would suggest it has nothing to do with WDW or a ride in general. They have problems. They have to put everything down and so their misery and poison hangs out on these threads.

Obi

A SOFT OPENING!!!!! IT HAPPENED?!?!!? YES! YES! YES! YES!

*FIST PUMPS*

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A SOFT OPENING HAS HAPPENED!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I JUST CANNO.... ummmm.... uh-oh....

*looks down*....

AWWWWW, MAN!!!!!! i forgot to wear my depends....

excuse me while i go change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom