SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

DisneyOutsider

That is awesome!!!, I cannot wait to get there tomorrow and hopefully ride it with my 9 year old son who is very excited about this trip and ride.

I wouldn't tell your kids anything about it if I were you. You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. It sounds like they are opening it up randomly whenever they choose and then at other times not letting anyone ride. Soft Opening doesn't mean it's open to all guests all day. You might have to get lucky.

raymusiccity

I wouldn't tell your kids anything about it if I were you. You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. It sounds like they are opening it up randomly whenever they choose and then at other times not letting anyone ride. Soft Opening doesn't mean it's open to all guests all day. You might have to get lucky.

Looks like this Soft Opening Watch is done! As just posted May 21:

"The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Magic Kingdom has soft opened to guests this morning.

A limited number of guests in the Fantasyland area were able to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster during intermittent soft openings. We have had a number of reports from guests who rode with varying wait times from walk-on to 20 minutes.

The ride officially opens on May 28 2014, although soft openings between now and then are increasingly likely. There is also speculation that the Mine Train will open for the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event taking place on Friday May 23.

As always with soft openings, the ride may open and close at any moment, and you may not be able to ride."

Tom

Beta Return
So, the people on here who are claiming to have ridden it today......are you Cast Members or not? These are extremely conflicting reports. They have either let guests ride, or they haven't. One person can't say it's only CMs, while a non-CM says they rode it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the winner is @croboy82. You prize is that you get to ride the mine train on your next visit to MK (travel expenses, park tickets, food and lodging not included.)

Soft opening (unofficial opening to guests) Guess List:

DaveStuart - December 5th, 2013
Pixiedustmaker - December 20th, 2013
hockeyfran - January 15th, 2014
The Empress Lilly - February 4th, 2014
Rose&Crowner - Feburary 7th, 2014
jdmdisney99 - February 13th, 2014
G8rchamps - February 15th, 2014
Tom - March 1st, 2014
danlb_2000 - March 3rd, 2014
KLeight - March 7th, 2014
MOXOMUMD - March 17th, 2014
Goofgoof - March 20th, 2014
JLipnick - March 27th, 2014
Scuttle - March 30th, 2014
Much-Pixie-Dust - April 4th, 2014
RandomPrincess - April 7th, 2014
Jose - April 12th, 2014
Goofy6294 - April 15th, 2014
ShookieJones - May 2nd, 2014
croboy82 - May 20th, 2014
pcaudill - June 1st, 2014
Daannzzz - October 15th, 2014

Poggie

I'm in the que. Johnathon, the cast member, says he has no official or unofficial news of any additional soft public opening. Cast members are able to walk on.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, the people on here who are claiming to have ridden it today......are you Cast Members or not? These are extremely conflicting reports. They have either let guests ride, or they haven't. One person can't say it's only CMs, while a non-CM says they rode it.
I believe we have a mix of both. I am guessing that in periods where they do not have many cast members they are bringing in guests to bulk up the numbers.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm in the que. Johnathon, the cast member, says he has no official or unofficial news of any additional soft public opening. Cast members are able to walk on.
You are in the queue waiting to ride? or standing outside the queue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom