SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was in MK last nite. Sat down just outside BOG bridge to watch fireworks at 930. Observed 7dmt for a full 30 minutes. They were running a steady stream of trains one after the other. Some had 1-4 CMs riding. It got to the point where it looked like a regular ride running based on the flow and spacing between the trains. It was very exciting. It seems like they are simply practicing the load/ unload timing to maximize capacity. What else is left? They have got to be very close.....

Do you recall how long the interval was between trains? If they were running 5 trains as has been speculated it's capable of that would be a train about every 30 seconds.

Arty Cordova

Seriously? She's might be right, but she has no clue except to speculate. If you read this thread you know more than her. And because she has no actual information to give, she can make up whatever she wants.

I just asked my dog if it will be open for your trip. He wagged his tail and looked excited. My dog is never wrong, therefore it will be open for your trip. One issue, perhaps, is I don't have a dog. But the information I just gave you is equally valuable to calling DVC, so hope it helps.

Hey Orky why don't you ease up man. She gave a legitimate Soft Opening update. Its folks like you that take the fun out of this website.

JeffH

BOG bridge? People and their anachronisms, can't you just take a few seconds to spell it out so the anachronism impaired people like me don't spend minutes either trying to figure it out or give up completely? Luckily where you were wasn't that important, but that you could see the ride was. After finding and looking at a park map I finally figured out that this was the Bridge to the Be Our Guest Restaurant. YLMFCSSLB...LOL, MILF
Nevertheless, thanks for your report.

Arty Cordova

BOG bridge? People and their anachronisms, can't you just take a few seconds to spell it out so the anachronism impaired people like me don't spend minutes either trying to figure it out or give up completely? Luckily where you were wasn't that important, but that you could see the ride was. After finding and looking at a park map I finally figured out that this was the Bridge to the Be Our Guest Restaurant. YLMFCSSLB...LOL, MILF

LOL, i had the same issue when I started this site. Its almost a competition to see how cool you are with the number of acronyms you can post. I must say I have become very versed in the art of the acronym now.

cw1982

LOL, i had the same issue when I started this site. Its almost a competition to see how cool you are with the number of acronyms you can post. I must say I have become very versed in the art of the acronym now.

I've gotten to the point where I've become so used to these acronyms and other lingo from this site that my DH makes fun of me when I use those terms outside of this website. I referred to the opening of the park as "rope drop" the other day, and he was very quick to inform me that, in our house, it's not "rope drop"... it's "park opening."

He makes fun of the amount of time I've spent here lately LOL.

*ducking for cover before we all get reported for being off topic *

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm really put off by all the anachronisms as well. For example being able to see Rapunzel's tower whilst standing in Liberty Square. Or seeing the large construction cranes around the castle. :p

So, soft openings? Any happening :cautious:

orky8

Hey Orky why don't you ease up man. She gave a legitimate Soft Opening update. Its folks like you that take the fun out of this website.

Two reasons - First, because she didn't give a "legitimate" soft opening update. This is no more legitimate than saying what a bus driver told her. Or my nonexistent dog.

But second, and more importantly, I don't want people disappointed because they think these people they are calling have any clue about actual soft openings. I understand why people think that if they call Disney or DVC and get an answer, that it must have validity. However, it does not. And people need to understand that -- especially new folks.

Mawg

Two reasons - First, because she didn't give a "legitimate" soft opening update. This is no more legitimate than saying what a bus driver told her. Or my nonexistent dog.

But second, and more importantly, I don't want people disappointed because they think these people they are calling have any clue about actual soft openings. I understand why people think that if they call Disney or DVC and get an answer, that it must have validity. However, it does not. And people need to understand that -- especially new folks.

I agree with you, new people don't always understand that these are just rumors and that these cast members are just guessing. However, I don't mind people posting these statements cast members make as long as they follow up their statement with something that indicates it may not be accurate. The more rumors we hear from cast members that are consistently giving the same date, the greater change those rumors hold some validity. If we hear rumors all giving different dates we know no one knows $#!T.

Teta81

Seriously orky, you sound very angry. I think u need a trip to Disney to calm yourself down a bit. Just passing on what I heard. No need to be so unmagical.

For the record, I'm no where near "new" to Disney. I only joined this discussion to give the update that I heard. You are free to take it for what it's worth. But u don't have to be a bully.

Arty Cordova

That's fine Gorky, but there is a better way to express your sentiment than coming accross as a condescending you know what.

orky8

That's fine Gorky, but there is a better way to express your sentiment than coming accross as a condescending you know what.

Hmm, you resort to personal insults and I'm the you know what? Still bitter you made promises to your family regarding when mine train will be open, that people on this board could have cautioned you against?

There is a user here on these forums that predicts opening dates based on his next trip, but states them as fact. And while his method of prognostication is as accurate as asking a DVC rep, it causes people who don't know better false hope. Calling a DVC rep provides no actual information re soft openings. In contrast, the person who reported constant trains cycling is adding actual information to the conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom